Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the deal with the false window panel in the rear-side of this van? There's a rubber seal that appears to want to house a window but neither the passenger nor cargo version have windows here. Did the designers just want to add annoyingly contoured surfaces on the interior that serve no purpose? :|

How about if you want to install an OEM window on the sliding glass door? How might one go about that? as per their website MOPAR sells the whole door, but I can find no quote for just the glass. What am I missing?

How about aftermarket windows for us camper converters? Where are the RV windows? Pop-out windows? Safari windows? When are they coming for the PMC?!

Anyone have luck tracking down european import (Fiat Doblo) windows for their PMC?

Can't seem to find any reliable (or google-able) information about modifying this vehicles windows. I know it's a niche vehicle and I took a chance going with a PMC but was hoping someone would come up with some solutions by now!

Any new developments that you guys know of ?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I wish someone knew how to put OEM windows in the third row. If that were possible I would buy a used SLT wagon and get it done. The main reason I haven't bought a PMC is bc I need good rear ventilation for my dogs (2 pop-outs won't cut it but 4 might be enough) but I haven't been able to track down a PMC with the optional second row power windows and I can't really afford or want to spend $28K on a custom build.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish someone knew how to put OEM windows in the third row. If that were possible I would buy a used SLT wagon and get it done. The main reason I haven't bought a PMC is bc I need good rear ventilation for my dogs (2 pop-outs won't cut it but 4 might be enough) but I haven't been able to track down a PMC with the optional second row power windows and I can't really afford or want to spend $28K on a custom build.
I feel ya Doug. Still waiting for some industrious micro-camper modder to figure this one out! :|

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well after checking out a 2014 Tacoma and 2016 Nissan Frontier I may just have to order a new PMC with all the features I need. Unfortunately there is no such thing as a compact pick up truck like my 2000 Tacoma anymore and the mid-size models seem huge to me. They are too high for some of my older dogs to be able to jump in the back without using a ramp. The low floor is what originally caught my eye when I saw the Ford Transit Connects. After driving one I saw the PMC and realized how much better it was than the FTC. There a dealer in my area that has 4 SLT Passenger wagons set to arrive any day now. Three of them have the Popular Equipment Group (second row power windows and heated front seats.). I got a good price quote from a TrueCar rep on two custom builds (Tradesman SLT and Passenger SLT) but I wanna check out the ones coming in to the dealership as I've yet to see one with the power windows in California. They said they should be here by the fourth of July.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey! I found Mopar part# 68261841AA which you can Google. You'll find some sites show it as just a glass-no hardware. Other sites show it with all of the hardware. Some sites call it a right front door glass and others call it a right slider door vented glass. Most all pictures show it to be the glass you are looking for. I took a leap of faith and ordered one yesterday. When it arrives I'll let everyone know if it is correct.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yeah, I noticed some sites show that little box with two things (poorly drawn hinges?) in it in the bottom right of the diagram. Please let me know when you get your window. Did you also order the window trim?

·
Registered
56 Posts
There was a post I saw some time ago (do not know now), but these people put in windows they bought from the place with parts for Teardrop Campers. I went on and looked at their window options and sizes, and it has me pretty interested. I am going to use mine for camping, so windows with screens are a must -

·
Registered
9 Posts
I get that folks may want to mod these vans, but for me the panels are one of the main reasons for buying one: a certain level of "out of sight, out of mind". These vans are targeted more towards business/commercial use, especially the construction and service trades where gear is more secure than in an open bed of a pick up truck etc. On the other hand, I would have LOVED to have had one of these vans 15 years ago in my WW Canoe road trip days. The panels offer privacy for sleeping in the back and throwing the canoes up on top. We would have probably called this Euro Funk Mobile a "Lil' Shuttle Beast That Could" compared to the OJ White Bronco I used to drive. LOL

·
Registered
107 Posts
The vented windows are available for these vans. There are some old threads posted that give the exact part #'s to order and some tips on removing the panel and installing the window. I know because I installed one and made the post. It took a little over an hour to get the metal panel off and about 10 minutes to install the window.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I bought a used passenger wagen simply because it had windows in both sliding doors and the rear ones. It was as cheap as the cargo vans. I've half build shelving into the back, the sliding side doors' windows have hinges toward the front and 'tip-out' to the rear. The passenger side one stays open thru-out the dry season. Now to get the courage to pull them rear air bags to get the rear interior finshed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts