Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,071 Posts
One mod is to simply reshape the parking brake handle so it's horizontal when in the up position.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Did there used to be a "thanks" button?
Seems like all the forums have this face now. The truck forum I used to be on years ago, had a thanks button.

·
Premium Member
8,800 Posts
Yes it changed with the update to this software. I think the owners have about a thousand forums so it might look familiar.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
End of Week 2:
Got the factory floor back in.

Started insulating walls. No 1" polysio in town. Bought XPS. Most cut out should finish and start gluing next week.

Received the Carr front steps. Installed driver side. I had a really hard time with that. Driver side should be easier since I now know what I'm doing. (scary)

Received the MaxAir Fan and Hein's adapter, so that's next week. First hole in the van. Wish me luck.

A coupon for the Basic Cabinetmaking Booklet came with myJig. Downloaded and read. Looked pretty straight forward except for the drawers. I'm going to do the make the example 15" cabinet as a learning exercise. The box/step/seat/cutting bench that I made has been useful.

My push for now is to get the bed in. The porta potti made it's maiden voyage in the van last weekend. Then I can do some camping and learning.
Lawt Driver Rear.jpg
Lawt Driver side.jpg

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Week 3
Still don't have the Passenger Step installed. When it is not brutally hot the grass is wet.

Got a lot of the insulation cut and glued in. Finally figured out that the best way to cut XPS is with the Jig Saw.

Took one of the back door panels off and started cutting insulation to go in, decided that the best plan was 1/2" polysio under the door panel. Now need a bunch of 1" plastic rivets. Impossible to find. Will use 10-32 rivvt nuts and screws.

Many folks say they use 1/4 20 and 10-32 screws so I ordered 100 of each from Bolt Depot.

Cut the 1/2" plywood to fit for the bed support. Grabbed the Astro 1442 and started looking for the 10-32 Mandrel. No 10-32 Mandrel! MMBGMC. Ordered 10-32 Mandrel and Rivet Nuts from Amazon.

My Solar Panel is in at Home Depot.

LAWT 5 Gluing insulation.jpg
LAWT 6 half inch polysio under door cover.jpg
LAWT 7 Starting Bed Support.jpg

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,071 Posts
Not sure what you mean, but your pictures are displaying just fine.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Inline like you have them looks best imo. If you click on one it'll do a slideshow type display, if that's what you're looking for.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,071 Posts
a few minutes ago I could click on them, not now

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
End of Week 4

Well the Solar Panel I ordered from Home Depot arrived shattered. The nice thing was it was easy to return for a refund.

Didn't accomplish too much this week but I've been thinking a lot.

Finished one bed support and the frame for the fan. Installed fan. Frame fell and shattered. Fan works great, Remote doesn't.

Next week will be worse. Dentist and pedicure.

Yes pedicure. I was using Klein Lineman's pliers to trim. Besides there's a awesome Italian place next door.

For the truck camper I decided that a 50ah Lithium Battery and the 20 Amp B2B charger would be just right. Well I'm going to transplant that to the van. I'm a traveler not a camper and the van will rarely sit for 24 hours.

Next weeks goals are to get my Ball Mount and MNO mount installed and cut insulation around the fan. Then I can FINISH insulating.

LAWT 8 Bed Support and Frame for Fan.jpg
LAWT 9 Hole for Fan.jpg

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Good day today and some questions:
LAWT 10 Fan Installed.jpg

Pic shows fan installed. The wires for power come out around the face. When I install the finish piece there by the bucket the wire will come through it. How do I hide the wire? The remote decided to work today by the way.

See the ugly plywood sticking out from under the factory wood floor. How can I make that look pretty?

I reattached the door trim panel using rivit nuts. The polysio is peeking out. How to make that look better?

Ball mount is in (upper left corner). Didn't get to the MNO mount.

·
Registered
2017 159, w/dual sliders. SF Bay area
954 Posts
Paint the edge of the plywood white, so it blends. Then cover the corner with some wide aluminum angle bracket from home depot. It doesn't have to be thick, just wide. If you put friction tape on the angle bracket, it will also blend. You can see in my pict that I ripped the downward side of the angle piece because I didn't need the full height.

20200308_092808.jpg

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
End of Week 5 August 15th

Didn't seem like much accomplished but looking back I accomplished my goals: Ball Mount and MNO mount installed, insulation trimmed around fan. Ready to FINISH installation.

Also finished and painted bed supports, cut and painted ceiling panels. Installed three antenna cables, have to buy the 4th, it will go to a cable entry port for an external antenna. Started running ac power wiring, that's being harder than anticipated. Bought the steel tubes for the bed and found two of the Husky Stackable storage bins. BIG!

Next week: FINISH insulation, install bed supports, stackable bins, ac power wiring.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
End of Week 6, August 23

Finished Insulation - walls and ceiling anyway. I'll probably be dorking with the doors forever. I've decided to forgo above the headliner.

Bed Supports in. They fought me every inch of the way. Finding the rivet nuts was way too hard and the self tapping sheet metal screws were difficult because I was working around the bed support framing.

Stackable bins. They are big. They are ugly. Since the walls slope in, to have a level floor in the bins they have to be held out several inches at the bottom. I put one up as a learning exercise. I'll have to take it down to put the wall panel on. I think I'm going to install both and not worry about leveling. Live with them a while and see. They are big, inexpensive, easy to install, easy to remove if I decide to do something different.

I think all the wiring is in except the last coax which is back ordered. Hopefully a week out. I'm going to put a cable access port in the driver side rear light assembly, matching the power port on the other side. That's where the last coax will go so that if I want to throw up a wire antenna or something I can connect to it without having to leave the door open. I'll probably also put a TV cable in to the access port. No TV planned but I bought a TV for the Popup halfway on my Oregon trip.

Got the three easy furring strips for the ceiling in. I'm going to glue the front and back strip in thanks to what I learned on this fabulous forum.

Next Week. The goal is wall and ceiling panels in.

LAWT 12 Bed Supports In.jpg
LAWT 13 Wiring.jpg

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
End week 7, August 30th

Rain!

Got the ceiling up. Front furring strip fell down. Humidity maybe?

Painted the wall panels & got the first one up.

Received the coax & seat swivels.

Next week. Finish walls and ceiling. Paint.
LAWT 14 It Fell Down.jpg LAWT 15 First Wall Panel Up.jpg

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
End week 8, September 6, 2020

The weather broke and it's not so miserable outside.

Wall panels up. Walls and ceiling painted.

Battery Box essentially finished.

LAWT 16 Paneled and Painted.jpg LAWT 17 Battery Box.jpg

Next power wiring. Storage bins. Maybe even a bed!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
End week 9, September 13, 2020

This forum is awesome! Thank everybody I stole ideas from.

Got the power panel built, wired, and installed.

LAWT 18.jpg

Bed platform is in. I think that's it under all the stuff. Horizontal surfaces grow stuff.

LAWT 19.jpg

AC outlets wired and two of the three installed. Planned location for #3 was too tight so need a box for plan B,

Shore power connection and cable hatch for Ham Radio antenna and TV cable hookup. I'm not big on TV but if I happen to be somewhere there's cable, and need to know where Jim Canatore is then I'm set.
-If Jim is in the studio, life is good, carry on.
-If Jim is not in the studio, don't go where he is.
-If Jim is where you are, leave.

LAWT 20.jpg

LAWT 21.jpg

Next week end is a Ham Radio event, the Georgia Jewel. We log the runners in and out of the aid stations so when one goes missing we know where he/she was last seen. And provide other necessary communications. As one runner said: There is no cell phone coverage for the really cool races.

So that looks like the first over night trip for the LAWT.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts