Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I am sorry but I do not have that floor, But what about an alluminium foot theshold?

That is dangerous.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I do apologise for this problem, it is caused by the expansion and contraction in the plastic, which is present in all plastics unless some very rare additives are added to reduce this, which dramatically raise the material costs and are generally only used in specialized applications. This problem can fairly easily be avoided during installation by over sizing the holes used to fasten the shelving down with by between 1/8" and 1/4". This allows the floors to expand and contract freely without being held. Otherwise, what is happening with your floor is that the shelving is holding the outsides of the floors tight, and when the expansion occurs, the only place the floor can move is towards the center. Where was your floor installed? The installer should have over-sized those holes to allow for that as it is clearly in the instructions.

It is a fairly simple fix, but does require removing the shelving on one side and over sizing the holes.

Please contact your dealer and they will fix this as it should have been done initially.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Regards,

Kyle Carpani
Legend Fleet Solutions.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Don't let the sun beat on it and your problem will go away, mine did.
That is true, the issue will only arise when the product is completely pinned (contrary to installation instructions), and when the temperature of the floor gets higher than what the temperature was when the floor was installed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts