Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We just bought the Legend Fleet HD ultrafloor and it fits great but the factory bolts arent long enough to bolt down the floor. Does anyone know if the floor is supposed to come with new bolts that are long enough to fit? A little frustrating getting the floor in, all the bolts up and now have no way to bolt it down. On the Inlad site, it shows the floor bolted down with the tie-downs installed but there is now way it will work with the standard bolts. Any ideas?

·
Registered
100 Posts
its very possible they packed the wrong bolts, better check up with them to confirm before you do anything else. keep us posted, could be others out their with the same issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
if you need to get new bolts, you can go the hardware store and get ten bolts this size M8, 1.25x40. Then to take care of the play with tie down, you can get a stainless steel lock washer M8 size which will just barely fit snuggly inside the larger hole. My HD floor just came on Monday, and I'll install it this weekend. I didn't tear open the entire box to see if they packed bolts or not, but was able to go the hardware store and work up a solution for around 20 bucks if needed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses. In the end, I think its a non-issue for us. I ordered the ranger design e119 shelving system which is being delivered tomorrow. I believe it uses the same mounting holes so It might come with long enough bolts to go through the Legend floor and mounting system. The Legend guys wrote me back and it sounds like they don't ship the floor with bolts anyway. As far as quality, it's really heavy flooring that is quite accurately cut. It also has really nice antiskid properties. It would have been nice if it shipped with some sort of sill plates so you don't get gear caught on the edge when loading in. Might bolt a piece of angle diamond plate to bridge the gap. I'll post pictures as soon as we're done with the install.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Thanks for the responses. In the end, I think its a non-issue for us. I ordered the ranger design e119 shelving system which is being delivered tomorrow. I believe it uses the same mounting holes so It might come with long enough bolts to go through the Legend floor and mounting system. The Legend guys wrote me back and it sounds like they don't ship the floor with bolts anyway. As far as quality, it's really heavy flooring that is quite accurately cut. It also has really nice antiskid properties. It would have been nice if it shipped with some sort of sill plates so you don't get gear caught on the edge when loading in. Might bolt a piece of angle diamond plate to bridge the gap. I'll post pictures as soon as we're done with the install.
good point on bridging the gap, it will help for sure. would like to see how your whole setup comes together and what exactly you do to change it aside from mentioned.

what sort of things will you be using the shelving system for?

·
Registered
48 Posts
@JoeMedia and others
Thanks a lot for supporting our Legend products.
Firstly, i am sorry that we did not have bolts available when you ordered your floor, however we now have available and ship with floors the bolts and washers needed. If this is still an issue for you please give me a call (866-223-2256) and i will get those shipped out to you ASAP.

As for the sill plates, we do offer sill plates but they are a seperate part. See the attached photos (although these are not ProMaster, you will get the idea). If you would like these please let me know.

As always, i am here to help and these tidbits are great for our progressing our products as we move forward.

Regards

Kyle Carpani
Legend Fleet Solutions
Sales Manager

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
Looks good. Are the tie-down hooks in the floor still accessible with that floor installed? Is it an anti-slip surface?

I'm not too far from your shop so I'll probably be paying a visit after mine shows up at some point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Kyle,
We just had a Legend fleet floor installed last week. Love it but, it squeaks very badly like it is rubbing on the van's floor under it. Is there suppose to be something between the van and the floor that they may have forgot ? Did our installer do something wrong? Any help would be great, thank you.

Morgan

·
Registered
26 Posts
Kyle,
We just had a Legend fleet floor installed last week. Love it but, it squeaks very badly like it is rubbing on the van's floor under it. Is there suppose to be something between the van and the floor that they may have forgot ? Did our installer do something wrong? Any help would be great, thank you.

Morgan
Morgan which floor did you have installed, the HD or the wood floor?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ken,
It's the HD ultra floor. It's a great floor, not slippery when it's wet out and your boots are wet but, stuff still slides easy over it if you're pushing boxes.
Happy with the floor, not happy with the noise, it seems like there should have been a pad or something under it.

Morgan

·
Super Moderator
723 Posts
Kyle,

Morgan
I have the same squeaking problem with the factory installed floor. Very annoying.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I show dogs so I lined the van with reflectix before I had the walls, ceiling and floors installed. I put a layer under the floor. No squeaks and it was warm and toasty driving home from the dealership yesterday (Montana) However, the rear door light is on, even though the doors are securely closed. The floor came with a very nice diamond plate sill, could this be causing the problem?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dog show Go

I show dogs so I lined the van with reflectix before I had the walls, ceiling and floors installed. I put a layer under the floor. No squeaks and it was warm and toasty driving home from the dealership yesterday (Montana) However, the rear door light is on, even though the doors are securely closed. The floor came with a very nice diamond plate sill, could this be causing the problem?
I show golden retrievers. Ordered my PM in November. Is finally coming in next week. I am going to install a Coleman Mach 8 low profile a/c on the roof with an Onan 2.8 generator. I live in South FL. How do you like your PM for shows?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Is it practical to line the floor much like a pickup truck bed? Is it too costly or are there reasons it's not done?

On side note, won't Ford be offering liner on Transit as an option? Not sure but seems I read that somewhere.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts