Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 159" High Roof
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve just about finished sealing up all my walls - 1” polyiso everywhere. I still have a big chunk of another 1/2” board that I don’t know whether to trash or cut it up and keep layering.

I think I read that the gain over 1” is either not cost effective/negligible. Just trying to decide if it’s worth pulling off some panels to glue it in there rather than just tossing it.

·
Super Moderator
10,556 Posts
You can donate it to the local ReStore. Personally I’d add in in the van where possible tho.

·
Registered
565 Posts
My suggestion...Don't stop now! :) The inset areas on the walls are generally wasted space and will be of little use once you cover them with paneling, so why not fill them with insulation while you have the chance? It's cheap, and if everything is flush it will make finishing the walls that much easier. I actually went one step further and once I insulated level with the supports, I went over it with some fan style 1/4" XPS fanfold to ensure a thermal break over the supports and a uniform top layer.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I gave my excess to an acquaintance to put between their garage rafters.

Reactions: HippieGypsy

·
Registered
2019-159 HR in CO
212 Posts
It has been surprisingly nice to have around. We used some to make a fan cover for our Maxxair. We used some to insulate between the wheel well and water tank and we are going to use some to make window covers for the windows near the bed so my head and feet don't freeze when its below 20F

·
Registered
Promaster 3500 159” wheelbase, High Top, formerly a wheelchair/handicap transport
10 Posts
Hi. I’d like to pass on some information on the Health Safety of XPS, EPS, and Polyiso insulation. Depending on how they’re constructed, they may contain toxic chemicals. This is a strong concern when insulating small spaces- like a van.

Here’s what the EWP reports, “Most rigid polystyrene foam insulation boards, both the EPS and XPS types, contain the toxic flame retardant HBCD, which was banned by the European Union in 2015.” You can find out more at Insulation

I’ve just about finished sealing up all my walls - 1” polyiso everywhere. I still have a big chunk of another 1/2” board that I don’t know whether to trash or cut it up and keep layering.

I think I read that the gain over 1” is either not cost effective/negligible. Just trying to decide if it’s worth pulling off some panels to glue it in there rather than just tossing it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts