Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, today was a big day lol ... the only local dealer got in a 2500HT159 (silver) and i managed a test drive... put it through some paces. The unit had the windowed partition and a cargo mat so was difficult to evaluate noise - and i found the shifting to be at higher rpm than i might have thought 3-4k but not out of line of course... talking about line - there is no indication on the tach for a yellow/red line... ?

Impressed by quick acceleration/deceleration responsiveness, both to the gas and brake, and while overall impressed, liked the 2seat Fiat Spider in the showroom better ... ok, jk Promaster makes a nice work van and obviously makes a good base for the camper/conversion.

Only one thing I am asking about - do you not find the driver and pass doors to not be quite wide enough for the visual demands... how to word this diff... when i turn my head to look out the window, immediately over my shoulder (directly) is the metal of the door, not glass, even after moving the seat forward to where my knee hits the key fob - the glass only starts at the '90 degrees' or a little less... I found i have to lean forward to see anything directly left or behind... do any of you find this 'off' and is it an issue (suspect not since no one seems to mention?)?

... I also note the left side mirror a little obstructed at the edge by the window pillar between moving window and fixed glass - neither is a deal breaker for me, but are an 'annoyance' for getting ready to order a new vehicle... Thanks ~ Steve

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,654 Posts
LSD,

I think your observations are typical... I just never noticed it. You will use your mirrors a lot.

Our local PM dealer also had a Fiat dealer in the same lot... same owners. They closed the Fiat side after a few years... service guys told me they couldn't keep up with all the warranty work.

Looking forward to a build thread soon... you're hooked!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MsNomer & Ziggy, interesting to me that i had not found the A pillar any real problem - perhaps because my Hyundai Tuscon has a massive one that does bug me... but i see the bobbing and weaving will help - do that already lol to see what's coming - proeddie, u r right - hooked! but no sense for a build thread until at least i pull the plug and order a vehicle - otherwise i be just a dreamer - aww already am...

·
Registered
879 Posts
I wonder if it helps to stop about 5 feet back from white line at 4 way stops....gives me a better view

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
763 Posts
A more secure feeling comes from using the acre of windshield to view challenges and obstacles before swimming with the sharks... If you wake up at an intersection and allow yourself to be pressured to move just because it worked the last hundred times there will be problems! After 40,000~ miles in my PM IF I haven't imagined 'doing the dance steps' and planned every next 20 or 30 seconds of possible futures then the 'just woke up' feeling gets ugly fast...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts