Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share my use of LED strip lights on the rear doors. I picked up a 16' roll of waterproof LED strip for 8.99 from amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GJ3O0J8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. The tape that comes on it is kinda crappy so I replaced it with good 3m tape from home depot. The lights are turned on and off via a pressure switch mounted on the lower right side of the driver side door. I got the switch from home depot for $5. The lights can be aimed into the back of the van or the doors can be opened up to light up behind the van. The switch area is a little rough in the picture but once i get my final flooring installed and build the rear threshold it will clean up the look.

Attachments

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is truly a cool solution- where did you connect to get the power to the strip?

I the power comes from my 30 amp power panel powered by my aux. battery under the seat but I'm sure it can also be powered from the rear light harness but its a 3 wire system with 2 grounds and I haven't figured it out yet.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
proeddie, I was talking about the rear dome light. I would think you could tap off it to power the LED's but I'm not sure. And yes i did use the tube to run the wires to the door, there is a lot of room for extra wiring in the tube you just have to make sure you leave enough slack on the other end for it to work properly. I attached the new wires to the existing harness inside the door to make sure everything works properly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts