Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My van came with the factory option LED's in the rear. There are 2 strips of lights. I would like to add one more strip. Does anyone know of a source for those led's?

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,757 Posts
here's a source,

Cargo Lights
Part Number: 82214239 Browse more in ACCESSORIES
Other Names: 082214239, Light Kit-Interior
Description: Cargo lighting provides an excellent means for finding your tools and equipment in a safe and efficient manor. Lighting has a versatile three position switch: on/off, timer, and dimmer control. The wiring harness has extra pin out connectors for adding additional light strips, or daisy chinning multiple lights together.additional details: two 4` led cargo light strips, includes 3-position switch, with the ability to add additional light strips as needed.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My van came with the factory option LED's in the rear. There are 2 strips of lights. I would like to add one more strip. Does anyone know of a source for those led's?
Good question, why they didn't come with 3 to begin with is a mystery. Maybe we can go half's so we each can get one.

·
Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
555 Posts
The Cargo light kit is fully wired for 4 strips with only two installed from the factory. Nobody seems to know where to source the extra strips. I have looked everywhere for them.
The inexpensive stick on LED strips from Amazon can be easily wired in.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Cargo light kit is fully wired for 4 strips with only two installed from the factory. Nobody seems to know where to source the extra strips. I have looked everywhere for them.
The inexpensive stick on LED strips from Amazon can be easily wired in.
Thanks for the info. I moved one of my strips to the back, and just plugged it into the wire labeled #4 ;) #3 was close by. Shame we can't source the strips. Dealer (as noted above) only has the whole kit with a switch assembly (not needed).
Have you tried the strips on Amazon?

·
Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
555 Posts
I bought some of the LED stick on strips that come on a16' roll. Ran them along the sides at beltline height facing down. They work great.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,748 Posts
If someone take a picture of the connector at the end of a strip, the length of a strip, length of the attaching wire (of if a longer wire is needed?) and a closeup of the strip that shows it in detail, I can probably put together a similar unit at significantly less cost.

Are they warm white or cool white?

You can message me with details and I'll see what I can do!

·
Banned
3 Posts
Puck Lights are ideal for those spaces where we want to illuminate certain things, in particular, a shelf, a corner, a section of the kitchen that we have trouble accessing.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I have the 2 LED factory strip lights.
Once the ceiling is done, I'm going to remount them lengthwise down the center of the ceiling. I think that be plenty of coverage, especially with a white ceiling.
@proeddie
Are you still interested in pics and dimensions of the lights?

·
Registered
259 Posts
I’m g lad RnR bumper this because it reminded me that I took pictures of the cargo light plug. This is for the one large cargo light that attaches to the roof between the second and third roof ribs. I don't know if this is the LED lights you are talking about or not - I probably should have taken a picture of the actual light!

·
Registered
2019 1500 136 HR in CA
25 Posts
RnR, I would also like to remount the factory light strips and would love to see your pictures.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
It's still a bare stock van. No finished product pics yet.
I was offering proeddie dimensions and pics of connectors, etc, if he was still interested.
Did you want measurements and connector pics?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good question, why they didn't come with 3 to begin with is a mystery. Maybe we can go half's so we each can get one.
I realize this is an old post. I have a 2018 with the two strips, but it is wired for four strips. Will check out the part numbers in the post above. My issue is the built-in time-out. Seems about 10 min. I'd like to change it out to just an on-off function. Where is the time-out circuitry? In the switch?
Thanks all.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Funny (not really), that the installation manual shows it comes with wiring for four light strips, and says:
Two 4` LED Cargo Light Strips, Includes 3-position switch, with the ability to add additional light strips as needed.
OK, needed now. But according to everyone here, and my searches, additional strips are not available ;(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts