Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 2016 PM 2500 today. It has 2 LED light bars on the ceiling in the cargo area. No one at the dealer could find a switch for them. Nothing in the owners manual. The other 2 lights with rockers work normally with the doors or manually. How are these light turned on? thanks.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Does it have a light fixture on top between the doors? If so, on my 14, the entire fixture is the 'rocker'... push on it on 1 side, and the other..

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,520 Posts
Sounds like the cargo LED light option (or kit)

The strip lights should have wires that go to a small black module where they plug in. Also plugged in should be a wire that leads to the switch to turn them on.

Just a guess based on some pics I've seen,

Ed

·
Registered
552 Posts
Is there a switch on the passenger side sliding door? There is a picture in the instructions that looks like that is where the switch is located.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like the cargo LED light option (or kit)

The strip lights should have wires that go to a small black module where they plug in. Also plugged in should be a wire that leads to the switch to turn them on.

Just a guess based on some pics I've seen,

Ed
I don't see a module anywhere. There definitely isn't a switch anywhere in the drivers area. I wrote to FCA asking how they operate. If I get a response I will post it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does it have a light fixture on top between the doors? If so, on my 14, the entire fixture is the 'rocker'... push on it on 1 side, and the other..
Going to try both positions of the rocker. The 2 lamps with rockers do operate with the side and rear doors. The LED strips don't seem to react to anything.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Going to try both positions of the rocker. The 2 lamps with rockers do operate with the side and rear doors. The LED strips don't seem to react to anything.
you have a light fixture above the "side door slider"????
Can we see some pictures of your fixtures with rockers? I have only 1 above the drivers console and i above the rear doors (which is a fixture /rocker all in one..ni seperate rocker on the rear fixture).
Lets see some photos of your standard fixtures LED and incandescent.
Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cargo area lamps

I have 2 cargo lamps with rocker switches. One above slider and one above rear door. The rocker position seems to have no affect on the LED strips no matter what position they are in. They do have wiring connected to each strip and the wiring is zip tied by the factory. I wrote to FCA...no response yet. No response from dealer either.

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,436 Posts
Look for a button on the C-pillar passenger side.
I have 2 cargo lamps with rocker switches. One above slider and one above rear door. The rocker position seems to have no affect on the LED strips no matter what position they are in. They do have wiring connected to each strip and the wiring is zip tied by the factory. I wrote to FCA...no response yet. No response from dealer either.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Has anyone modified these or taken them off?

I want to remove these and reinstall them along the walls.

·
Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
486 Posts
Has anyone modified these or taken them off?

I want to remove these and reinstall them along the walls.
The harness for the LED strips is tucked into the roofline. Two more modular plugs incase you want to add more lights. System is designed for four strips.
I ran LED strip lights along the beltline on the bottom side of L track. Works great. You can cut them to length and stick them where you need them.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HSF65MC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B012YT93S4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
30 Posts
Awesome. Thanks for the help. I have the LED cargo lights and couldn't figure out how to turn them on. Push button on the pillar on the passenger side!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts