Ram Promaster Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yea, weird, it seems they took down the listing now. They don't seem to have the H7 bulbs anymore, but it looks like they have other sizes... but honestly, they look the same as the H7... it will probably fit since I glued them in with the RVT.

This is the search terms I was able to copy from my order:

LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit - 4WDKING H7 Fanless Copper Braid Heat Dissipation Super Bright Low Beam 60W 8000LM 6500K Cool White High Beam

The seller is 4WDKING.

Oh and I'm still happy with the purchase... they haven't died yet. =)
I just did the same replacement, works great, very easy, no issues with flickering. Tthanks for the link to those bulbs!

Make sure to give the RTV sealant at least 24 hours to dry before driving, double sided sticky tape for the ballast.

I clipped off the stock plastic plug housing and used a set of female connector plug ends, made it cleaner.

·
Registered
2017.5 59K Winnebago Travato
7 Posts
Read all the posts on this forum for the LED light install. Decided to get some bulbs off amazon and try it out. Went with bulbs without a fan and instead have these copper wings.
Thanks for posting- after 2 sets of low beams, I opted to follow your post and installed these. I was getting about 8k miles on a set of low beams, which seems low, especially since 90% of my driving is during the day, and I usually turn the lights off (interstate driving).
Pleasantly surprised with the build quality of these lights: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T62JPTK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Premium Member
2017 PM 2500 Camper Vandemic
61 Posts
Thanks for posting- after 2 sets of low beams, I opted to follow your post and installed these. I was getting about 8k miles on a set of low beams, which seems low, especially since 90% of my driving is during the day, and I usually turn the lights off (interstate driving).
Pleasantly surprised with the build quality of these lights: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T62JPTK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Yep! They have been great for me. Still working just fine.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Well, just ordered a set and the goo. We shall see if I break the tabs too.
Went with the copper tails.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Found this, a good LED install vid.
Never touch the bulb with your fingers. The oils on your hand gets on the glass, the glass heats up and will bust. You want to keep the glass bulbs in case the LED fails.

I recently hit a deer and had to get the whole front end repaired ($10k!, thanks insurance!)... part of that was replacing one of the assemblies for the headlight. The new one has a better design with metal retainer clips that doesn't require you to glue in the bulbs anymore. It looks like she has something similar in the video, but glued them in any way?

Just fyi, the red glue is pretty easily undone if you need to pull the bulbs out... just kind of be gentle and it'll break apart.

Attachments

·
Registered
601 Posts
Did the goo, installed the bulbs, waiting for the paint to dry.

·
Premium Member
2021 3500 Extended
468 Posts
Did the goo, installed the bulbs, waiting for the paint to dry.
This will be my next mod. Did you do hi and low beam? Post up some pic's Rob when you get them. The copper tail led's you linked are OOS, so I am looking for an alternative.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
This will be my next mod. Did you do hi and low beam? Post up some pic's Rob when you get them. The copper tail led's you linked are OOS, so I am looking for an alternative.
Just do a bit of keyword searching in amazon...

·
Registered
2018 Promaster 3500 159 Ext Gas Silver
1 Posts
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. "Promasterforum.com Introduction Section " Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted

·
Registered
370 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 3500 Extended
468 Posts
It is a bit suspicious that they don’t list the lumens anywhere…
Check the photos....says 6000K

Hmmmm, further down n the description it says "color temperature 6000K". What the **** is color temp?

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
5,282 Posts
IIRC
5k-6k is daylight, any higher an the blue starts to show

OEM is like warm white lots of red, 2.7k

·
Registered
601 Posts
Did a road test this evening in the rain.
Very nice effect. The piss yellow of the high beam dampened the warm white glow. Though, did not really need the high beams, but they are still there.
Unintended consequences. Viewed 2 rusted bolts that need attention under the headlights. That transformer, while in a nitch, could move. Would have preferred not to gwoo in new headlamp bulbs.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Check the photos....says 6000K

Hmmmm, further down n the description it says "color temperature 6000K". What the **** is color temp?
That is not a measure of brightness. It is a measure of color temperature in Kelvins.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Woah! Thats the holy grail right there - led bulbs with stock base so no mod needed.

It is a bit suspicious that they don’t list the lumens anywhere…
Got me all excited, too, but when you go down to their compatibility widget and put in a 2019 Promaster 1500, you get this:

This doesn't fit a 2019 Ram ProMaster 1500 Base Standard Cargo Van 4-Door 3.6L 3604CC 220Cu. In. V6 FLEX DOHC Naturally Aspirated

·
Registered
2019 Tofino, 136” WB
13 Posts

i installed these H-7 leds, these are truly plug and play. Real decent white light output. The high beam if installed will need the wires swapped in the plug as these bulbs are polarity sensitive. So far no issues.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts