Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Installing new cargo light probably next week. Hoping you guys can contribute on how to install it. Would it be easy enough for a beginner or just leave it to expert as I might just damage some wires 馃榿

Registered
Low voltage electrical work with small gauge wire is pretty easy, the only tool you should need is wire stripper/crimper. There should plenty of videos on stripping wire and crimping connectors, and you can practice before you do the real thing.

Registered
I was able to add a strip of LESs down the center of the van and wired them directly to the existing side light in the cargo bay. I tapped directly into the switched side of the light so the LEDs essentially replace the bulb of the factory side light. The draw of the LEDs wasn't enough to confuse the body computer and they work as the side light does.

......Which makes me a little crazy as the side lights are on a body computer run timer and they shut off after a few minutes on normal "door open" switching and after about 20 min. if switched on manually. So far I have found no way to get around this and plan to run a direct power feed to the battery with a bulkhead mounted switch by the side door. Having the lights fade off while working inside the cargo area is a right pain in the butt, although it does mean you won't leave the lights on and drain the battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
leafcrown
Ram Promaster Forum
We鈥檙e a community forum dedicated to Promaster enthusiasts to discuss mods, camper conversions, diesel, fuel economy, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing