Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The short version is I had a pretty significant leak from the overhead safey lights.that probably went on for a couple of months when the vehicle was parked. The water got inside the interior of the van. At the exact same time the issue was discovered some other things started acting up. I was getting a error message on the dash display. Eventually it was determined the solution was to replace the body control module. Chrysler has told me the leak would not affect the body control module and did not cause the problem. Does anyone know if this is accurate? It just seems so odd that the two things would happen at the same time and there would be no connection.

·
Registered
617 Posts
****, those overhead lights! They are made of the thinnest plastic, a little bit of hail beat mine to a pulp. I have tape on them now while I figure out how to REMOVE them and cover them with a plate or have the holes welded shut or replace with lights that are made from something less brittle than a christmas tree ball. When they break they dont necessarily leak into the interior as it appears the bulb is sealed to another surface that mates with the roof. Guessing the screws were lose on yours causing them to leak?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
It's a long way from the roof to the BCM so I doubt it, but stranger things can happen.
My PM came from the factory with water inside one of the front clearance lights, but it wasn't leaking inside the van. Nylon washers under the recessed screws fixed that. They are flimsy things. Flimsy, but required by law, as we've discussed before.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a long way from the roof to the BCM so I doubt it, but stranger things can happen.
My PM came from the factory with water inside one of the front clearance lights, but it wasn't leaking inside the van. Nylon washers under the recessed screws fixed that. They are flimsy things. Flimsy, but required by law, as we've discussed before.
Thank you. We had a leaking headlamp too. I just wondered about the BCM because I have reached the point I doubt everything they tell me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts