Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI according to two dealers, Sunday was the last day to submit factory orders for the 2015 model year. Though one dealer said he was told that they could be ordered as late as Wednesday _if_ they had a customer name associated with them.
:)PP

·
Registered
625 Posts
What that probably means to the 'end user' is that if you want a custom order, its going to be a much longer lead time now, since they'll have to wait until the 2016s start in.

Kinda glad that I got my order in a month ago, but then I haven't heard anything about a VIN being assigned yet, so I might just be screwed. I was somewhat expecting to see my van end of June, but if its going to be much later than that, may just start searching inventory for something close enough (and probably white, dammit).

·
Registered
533 Posts
It is common practice among all manufactures to begin production of the next model year between June and August. The PM was unusually late last year to be in production of the 2014's so late into 2014. So placing an order now as a deadline for a 2015 model is expected because in 3 months its already June and time for 2016 models to be produced to hit the dealers in September or October.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Is it possible they are implementing a significant change and decided to start calling revised vans a 2016 model?

Some new models come out as early as spring of previous year. Maybe new front, or drivetrain options, etc.... Don't know, just a guess.

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
Egad I ordered mine March 20... last friday. I hope the dealer got the order sent in!!!! I just emailed them to confirm my order is in. Oh I can't believe I came so close to having to wait 3 months to order!! I hate White! I'll call tomorrow to be sure, they have my name, sales contract, and deposit.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Egad I ordered mine March 20... last friday. I hope the dealer got the order sent in!!!! I just emailed them to confirm my order is in. Oh I can't believe I came so close to having to wait 3 months to order!! I hate White! I'll call tomorrow to be sure, they have my name, sales contract, and deposit.
I bet you're excited looking forward to your new van! Are you trading in your current gas PM? Any thing in particular steered you towards the diesel PM ?

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
I bet you're excited looking forward to your new van! Are you trading in your current gas PM? Any thing in particular steered you towards the diesel PM ?
This will be my first Promaster and no trade. I am excited about the diesel from your experience driving it compared to the gasser. I found the transmission/engine a great combination in test drives and have waited to let FCA get some time to find the bugs and issues and fix them in production. I hope to see my van in June.

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
I was hoping to get my Promaster in June! I called the dealer about my order from last Friday March20 and confirmed the order was put in and the build date is June 12. They are making 2015s until July 10 when the changeover to 2016 begin. Its a Friday build. 84 days to get it built. When will I see it? Thanks for the heads up Pondering.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They are making 2015s until July 10 when the changeover to 2016 begin.

Anyone know if there's a lag before the next model year would be available to order? Guessing it's some weeks or even months before they line up marketing and purchase mechanisms to be able to even process an order for the 2016s?
:)Ben

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I was hoping at least for the new Euro front look, but if 2015 production ends 7/10 and 2016 production starts 7/13, then I'm not as hopeful. I would think any new assembly-line changes would require more than a two-day weekend.

On the other hand the front end changes may be strictly cosmetic and bolt-on so it could still happen if that's their plan. Not that that will influence my purchase timing that much.

I also hope RAM can eliminate the dorky roof lights. Ford doesn't have them on SRW Transits which are just as wide. They should push back against DOT.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I was hoping at least for the new Euro front look, but if 2015 production ends 7/10 and 2016 production starts 7/13, then I'm not as hopeful. I would think any new assembly-line changes would require more than a two-day weekend.

On the other hand the front end changes may be strictly cosmetic and bolt-on so it could still happen if that's their plan. Not that that will influence my purchase timing that much.

I also hope RAM can eliminate the dorky roof lights. Ford doesn't have them on SRW Transits which are just as wide. They should push back against DOT.
I wouldn't expect just two years of a new model before a design change, even if just in appearance. 2017 might see the 'new' look, or they might wait until 2018 and skip over the current one and see if there's a new-new design introduced in Europe and NA at the same time.

And I like the roof lights. :crying:;)

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
.....cut.....

And I like the roof lights. :crying:;)
Just to be clear, do you guys like their appearance, function, or both?

Appearance wise the Euro Ducatos look much cleaner to me. And I believe Ford installs them only on the DRW models because they are wider (higher GVWR may be a contributing factor also -- I don't know). I'm just thinking that if buyers really like the lights that Ford would make them standard or an option on SRW vans.

Given a choice I think most buyers would eliminate them, particularly if it saved them a few dollars, and also reduced chance of leaks. The marker lights make the vans look more commercial, like a big rig. I'm sure that has a following too.

Still, if it's possible to eliminate them like Ford did, RAM should at least give buyers the option.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts