Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ram Promaster 136 HR
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a lugun style table behind the passenger swivel seat? I took the plastic cover off in the area shown in the photo and it looks like it can be done but I’m drawing a blank figuring it out how to attach it.
Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Hood Tread

·
Registered
2017 159, w/dual sliders. SF Bay area
1,096 Posts
Welcome to the forum. All new members MUST make an introduction post in the introduction forum before posting anywhere else. Please take care of that.

·
Administrator
‘20 159 HT window van NH Seacoast
12,207 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

You want to be very careful about what you attach to the passenger side B pillar as you may need to gain future access to it for fuses, wiring, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am also trying to figure out where to mount our lagun table so that it functions as a center console table (approx size 11x24) up front as well as a table for the passenger seat when it is swiveled to the back. We have a third seat behind the driver that also swivels and the table would work for it too - if I can figure out a way to mount it. The idea of mounting it to a foot rest is a good one but it won't work for us and would take up too much real estate with our set up. We use a cooler there when we need a foot rest.

We also purchased an additional lagun table bracket in hopes that we could make a versatile work table in the garage area. That has proven to be another head scratcher. I'd like to put a birch board or something sturdy over the flimsy black covers on the inside of the back doors and mount the additional bracket to that but don't want to screw up anything that's going on behind it.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
231 Posts
In the picture above you can see two mounts. One works for both seats and works really well for the passenger seat. It definitely takes some experimentation to find the best set up. Offset the table on its mount for the most flexibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 159 EXT HR (3500) in WA
1,980 Posts
With some effort you could put a Lagun Mount behind that black cover. Basically you need to build a secure block or angle bracket, bolted into the frame, behind the cover then put the cover back on then bolt through the cover into the angle mount.

As @keeponvaning said, you will probably want to be able to remove that cover. So removing the cover might involve uninstalling the table mount or maybe you can make a cutout in the cover.

I agree with @Jing though, you'll probably want a footrest.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've thought about removing the cargo tie-down under the passenger seat and bolting a piece of plywood there using a bolt screwed in to the cargo tie-down mounting hole, then bolting a lagun mount for a table, but I've never done it. The main reason is, as others point out, you'll want a footrest there.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Funny, i saw this on Etsy this morning, and reached out to them asking if it was suitable for a promaster as well. Im looking to do the same thing

·
Super Moderator
2018 136" HR
919 Posts
I installed mine higher since I use it as my work/laptop station. If i install it any lower, i can't get the table high enough for seating or standing setup. The install is pretty straight forward, drill two holes for plus nut insert(make sure you don't drill into seat belt mech). Then I used a plywood spacer(you can see it in the pic) to fill in the gap between the metal pillar and plastic trim. I used 1/8 thick steel plate that i have, this probably took the longest since it was really hard to drill and cut this steel plate. The esty mount(above link) might be a good option, if the holes doesn't line up, you can always drill a new holes for it. Plus its alu plate and should be a lot easier to work with compare to steel plate.

Reactions: 83Grumman

·
Registered
5 Posts
@Uvan is your plywood shim wedge-shaped to compensate for the curve of the metal of the b-pillar? Or am I over thinking it. I'm about to install in the same location using the aluminum plate from Etsy.

I installed mine higher since I use it as my work/laptop station. If i install it any lower, i can't get the table high enough for seating or standing setup. The install is pretty straight forward, drill two holes for plus nut insert(make sure you don't drill into seat belt mech). Then I used a plywood spacer(you can see it in the pic) to fill in the gap between the metal pillar and plastic trim. I used 1/8 thick steel plate that i have, this probably took the longest since it was really hard to drill and cut this steel plate. The esty mount(above link) might be a good option, if the holes doesn't line up, you can always drill a new holes for it. Plus its alu plate and should be a lot easier to work with compare to steel plate.
View attachment 76318

·
Super Moderator
2018 136" HR
919 Posts
You are over thinking it, haha. It's just a flat piece of plywood to fill the space from the trim to the metal pillar.
The mount is still doing well and I work 2-3 days weekly in my van.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has someone made one for the promaster?
I found an upfitter that fabricates them specifically for the Promaster but they quoted me $250 for a metal plate with some holes drilled in it. I plan to use the Etsy plate with drilling and plus nuts. I'll mention that very I'm happy with the Etsy plate, it's nice thick aluminum stock and shipped very quickly, and the seller is responsive.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I found an upfitter that fabricates them specifically for the Promaster but they quoted me $250 for a metal plate with some holes drilled in it. I plan to use the Etsy plate with drilling and plus nuts. I'll mention that very I'm happy with the Etsy plate, it's nice thick aluminum stock and shipped very quickly, and the seller is responsive.
I had been speaking with the seller on Etsy about a Promaster bracket a few months ago. Im confused why he hasn't started selling it yet. At the time it seemed like he was just wanting to validate spacing

·
Super Moderator
2018 136" HR
919 Posts
I forgot to mention since the trim extend pretty far out, the passenger side two mount bolts are install into the plywood with t-nut. The driver side mount bolt are just regular nuts/washers since it clear the trim and it pretty easy to access.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts