Ram Promaster Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Promaster, 1500, 136 WB, Ducka You Head Lowla Bridgeada Roof
38 Posts
It would not be difficult to mass produce my shelf. Only one small part appropriate for 3D printer, though.

Shelf, a simple piece of 1/2” ply with laminate, black paint
2 supports, 2x4 shaped with band saw and sander
Odd-shaped spacer, could be printed
Strapping and Velcro
A few screws
Cupholders of choice to be screwed to shelf

Or just sell shelf and let customer customize what goes on it. Cup holder, phone holder, coin tray, etc.
MsShelf is born...😁 You're right - it could totally be mass produced.

Ok, Ben, you're going to need a factory! 😉

Could the supports be printed too or are they too big?

A solid surface seamless edge shelf - the countertop material they put in rv's now - could make it very high-end.

Come to think of it, I bet the shelf wood could be wrapped with that shrink wrap stuff they use for cars. It could match any other parts of the cab that are wrapped and look factory made!

Agree that the top would also be nice left blank for the customer to customize.

So fun. 😊

Reactions: bensoloart

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
yes it is! yours is sent out already! thank you!
Wowee!!! 💕 Thanks, Ben! When I give it to the Mr I'll show him the photo of its "birth!" 😉

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,676 Posts
Could the supports be printed too or are they too big?

I don’t know anything about printing. They are about 6” long and would need to be thick enough to be sturdy.

A solid surface seamless edge shelf - the countertop material they put in rv's now - could make it very high-end.

Come to think of it, I bet the shelf wood could be wrapped with that shrink wrap stuff they use for cars. It could match any other parts of the cab that are wrapped and look factory made!

The shelf looks best when it blends with the rest of the cab. "High-end" like the drop-dead gorgeous quilted maple I first used looks out of place. Solid surface would also. It would be hard to beat what I have now—laminate near the color of the grey in the seats plus black that blends with the dash. Now the shelf looks like it belongs.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
You're right, MsNomer, thanks! To your point, if one wanted a fancy wood shelf, short of trading in their Promaster for a station wagon with that oh-so-sexy wood paneling, I guess it could work if they wrap their cab with this!

https://www.amazon.com/Moyishi-Sticker-Interior-Furniture-30cmx100cm/dp/B073CV5YGC/ref=asc_df_B073CV5YGC/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=321529254668&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8806885658973443679&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9017152&hvtargid=pla-644013715589&psc=1

Or using a kit like this! ;)

INTERIOR WOOD DASH TRIM KIT FOR DODGE RAM PRO MASTER PROMASTER 2014 2015 2016 | eBay

The Mr is considering having parts of the dash and doors wrapped (1st link style) but in a gray carbon fiber style to match the seats. So, I was thinking the top of the shelf could be wrapped also, so it would match perfectly. I don't see your new laminated top on your site - I only see the wooden one! I'll do a search here after I write this.

Mr is a grocery store manager, on his feet all day, very long days, rarely gets 2 days off, and is stressed beyond belief for obvious reasons. This is his daily driver. He thought the Transit had a nicer, more comfortable cab, but the Promaster was hands down the better camper. So, he sacrificed. I just want to make his life a little better any way I can, so I'm trying to spruce up the cab. He MUST have your brilliant shelf!!! 😁

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,676 Posts
Post 1,489 in the “What did you do…” thread. We like this subtle version much, much better than the wood, plus the laminate is not vulnerable to sweating cold drinks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
my international student gf is leaving the country because of pandemic... spending as much time with her as i can but starting august its full steam ahead! please stand by. thank you.
side note i drove 6 hours round trip to see my dog for 30 minutes because my sister was passing by who is taking care of my pup while im at school.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Post 1,489 in the “What did you do…” thread. We like this subtle version much, much better than the wood, plus the laminate is not vulnerable to sweating cold drinks.

Love it!! It really does blend in with the van more than the wood top did. Thanks for the link!

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
my international student gf is leaving the country because of pandemic... spending as much time with her as i can but starting august its full steam ahead! please stand by. thank you.
side note i drove 6 hours round trip to see my dog for 30 minutes because my sister was passing by who is taking care of my pup while im at school.
I'm sorry about your gf, Ben. 😔 Your dog is precious...so happy to see you!!

The visor arrived! It's so cool - we've never seen anything 3D printed before. The Mr was blown away! He was so excited, he put it right up without dusting and wiping the panel down with alcohol first, so it didn't stick well...:rolleyes: Not your fault at all! He's working on it and we'll take a pic when it's adhered properly.

Thank you so much! Can't wait for the next project. Enjoy your time with her, hopefully you'll see each other again very soon. 💕

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,676 Posts
Visor fits perfectly. Adhesive strip works amazingly well considering how thin it is—attachment is solid. It fits fine underneath the GPS I have installed using the slot. I give it 5 stars.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts