Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Insulation :

1.5 inch styrofoam, top to bottom. waiting to do the roof after solar and fan installation.

MaxxFan Installation:

I am 3D printing little inserts to go underneath the fan housing.
thinking of selling them if anyone wants them too. you would need 6 for the out side and another 6 if you want them for the inside. they would be printed in PETG black or white.

upcoming.

4 x 100 watt renogy solar panels
1x 200 a/h renogy sealed battery
30 watt charger i want a upgrade on this...
fuses breaker etc.

shower pan
shower faucet
sink
sink faucet
water pump
water accumulator.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,676 Posts
Before you contemplate making money off those, check Hein's very popular adapter.

·
Registered
449 Posts
. . . I am 3D printing little inserts . . .
My son made this:

The parts are broken us so they will fit on the printer. There are parts for the inside and outside.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Coool!! I didn't want that extra height that the Hein adapter added. I was very tempted to get this

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
I like the DIY mounts... not to be a PITA, but... wouldn't it have been easier to just put a locking nut on the other side of the steel base plates to hold the bolts in place?

I mention this because this may be the summer I set something up to mount a removeable ham radio antenna on the roof, and have been thinking about using the factory posts.

ps. I like the fillers too! I thought about trying something like this on my new CNC. Like the zero clearance feature. Of course, my fan has been in for a long time using just extra butyl filler strips, so it's not at the top of my list...

...and a belated "Welcome!"

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1. not sure what you mean but like i thought of doing square holes and use carraige bolts. but doing 12 of those would take for ever. welding was the quickest with the tools i had available. i guess it would be different. side note i hate the handheld jig saw.

2. i left the 2 mounts free cause my fan but i will add something in the rear for lights. the front has one extra bar ready for a led light.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,676 Posts
Like that shield. Until I put a GPS mount in the CD slot, I had a piece of stiff black foam that hooked into the clipboard and draped over the screen for that purpose.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts