Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have a ladder mounted on the rear door? If so, does it allow the door to open fully or does it hit the side of the van?

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts

·
Super Moderator
445 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Most ladders we've seen do hit the side of the vehicle when full opened. We do a quick hinge mod that seems to be working on the two we've done.

We're also designing a ladder for the promaster that requires zero drilling into the rear doors.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Any details on the hinge mods ? I'm thinking about a Jerry Can mount but of course will hit van side .

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Opt Overland, are you in Ft Collins? I just followed you on FB. Reply with more info on your ladder and hinge mod when you get it worked out.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any details on the hinge mods ? I'm thinking about a Jerry Can mount but of course will hit van side .
Have you looked at the Rotopax? That's the best fuel-carrying system I've seen. I have one on the back of my Jeep and its bomber.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Opt Overland, are you in Ft Collins? I just followed you on FB. Reply with more info on your ladder and hinge mod when you get it worked out.
Yup, we're in Fort Collins. The hinge mod is realllllly simple, if you look at the hinge you'll see 2 black plastic plugs. Pop them out and space them with nylon washers and epoxy back in. I'll post details and pics as soon as we get some more progress on the ladder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts