Ram Promaster Forum banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 · (Edited)
Remember that IKEA does not design its furniture for collision forces. Reinforcement would be a good idea.
I've kept the bulkhead, so that's should not be a problem. I might add some stronger magnets to keep everything from opening too easily when moving around or driving uphill though (the IKEA softclose dampers do not seem too sturdy :p).

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Nice. It looks Amazing. And Ikea does great drawers. @MsNomer is right, reinforce it and make sure it's fixed to the wall and floor.
Maybe I misunderstood @MsNomer, but, they are mounted literally inches away from the bulkhead, in the driving direction (the wall behind the cabinets/kitchen top is the bulkhead. So they won't go far? I've either way used a lot of screws to hold the framework in place, but I guess the IKEA drawer runners will snap right off anyway from collision forces.

· Registered
2021 1500 136"WB High top
1,704 Posts
Maybe get some L brackets and put them on the corners. I think she meant the furniture itself. At least that would be my concern. I’ve put together a lot of kea furniture and the rattling of a van and worse (accident) could cause it to become flying parts

· Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in Indiana
6,427 Posts
Thats the biggest volume fuel tank I've ever seen, is that common on these Promasters?
Promaster's only come with 90l tanks.

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Maybe get some L brackets and put them on the corners. I think she meant the furniture itself. At least that would be my concern. I’ve put together a lot of kea furniture and the rattling of a van and worse (accident) could cause it to become flying parts
Ok, thats a fairly good idea, secure them more on the back side. I'll mount some brackets securely to the back of the drawers.

It is good that the partition will protect you. Still better if the cabinet doesn’t come apart.
Agreed :) I'll make sure to find a way to secure them better.

Promaster's only come with 90l tanks.
Then the previous owner must have installed a bigger tank. I topped it up with 96L, so its definitely bigger than the standard size then.. not complaining though.

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
So, winter is coming, as it is, and -7degC outside, way too cold to work on my van. So progress will slowly creep to a halt for some time, but at least I get the chance to go crazy and buy all the stuff i think i need online. Below is a pic of my living room atm, just boxes and heaps of stuff to be installed..! :) I believe the living room will be like that for a few weeks at least.. Most notably, I've opted for an underslung gas-tank, which seemed to be a little more hassle to install than I first thought, so I'll have to make a better plan for what to do there..

On the more fun side, tested some of the Victron units on my kitchen connected to a power supply.

Got my batteries delivered too, 2x200AH, just in time to realise that I haven't really planned the placement of batteries and water tank. I left that problem for future me, and now the future arrived unfortunately. It'll be some less than optimal use of the space I have left I think..

Communication Device Portable communications device Mobile phone Gadget Telephony

Wood Art Toy Creative arts Bag

Circuit component Gadget Electricity Electrical wiring Audio equipment

Audio equipment Laptop Electrical wiring Gadget Computer hardware

Bumper Gadget Gas Fender Auto part

81 - 90 of 90 Posts