Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a new project, I am sourcing LTrack for the Pro Master. It will be used to tie down a galley and bed cabinets, then when those are removed it will secure cargo- bikes, motor bikes, tools, etc.

Does anyone have any advice for me on sources, brands or installation? I have found 3 suppliers, with prices from $.47 to $.70 per inch.

Thanks for ant help!

Paul

·
Registered
399 Posts
I bought L Track from Amazon under the Steadymate brand name. With prime shipping it's reasonable considering that comes in 100" sections ($50 - $56 delivered depending on which profile). Shipping is killer as length goes up. Don't know if your prices include shipping or you are buying local. If someone is cutting custom length and shipping for $.70 per inch, that might be a better deal depending on how much waste you'd get with 100" pieces.
I've used the angled surface mount and the recessed mount. The only issue I had is the surface mount pieces I got looked like they had been shuffled around in the bin for a while. It's aluminum so it's going to get marred easily. If there's any finish on it, it's just a light silver anodizing.
I also reamed out the mounting points to use 5/16" hardware in critical places (wheelchair tie-downs and rear bolts of passenger seat attachments) and used aluminum bar stock for reinforcement under the floor. I sourced that from ebay.

·
Registered
'16 2500 159 HT Granite Window - OH(io)
337 Posts
I am using the L-track for a wheelchair tie-down, and don't need a lot of it. The builder that I sourced my floor, wall panels, and rear A/C had scrap pieces of the track left over from their conversions. They added the L-track for free. I backed up the track with some 2" channel steel from a local supplier.

Attachments

·
Registered
399 Posts
Was just looking for more threaded studs and ran across something interesting at CargoEquipmentCorp website. They sell L Track for the same price as Amazon and shipping is free. Their L Track is drilled for 5/16" bolts (about 65% stronger that 1/4"). It's also available without predrilled holes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts