Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2500 Gas 2014 Window Van. Couldn't find one instate so went to Texas and drove it home. I have decided to do a fairly utilitarian build to meet 3 main uses for the Promaster:

1. Must be able to haul lumber, building supplies or just move a bunch of stuff.
2. Must be a passenger van with room for 8+ (still looking for that 3rd sprinter seat)
3. RV build with self contained removable modules that can be installed or removed in about an hour with two people. The modules will be the following: Kitchen module (sink, range, fridge, all self contained), Toilet shower module with composting toilet (maybe a porta-potty to start), and a Bunk bed module similar to the Auto-sleepers Windrush layout, transverse bunks in the rear. All modules will be self contained except for electricity. They will be custom fit and able to lock down with quick release.

Goals: 600-800 watt PV Array. 500 Amp Battery bank. I don't want to cut a lot of pentrations in the walls and in the ceiling. I hope to be able to use a hot plate, microwave, AC and 12V heating occasionally. would like to be able to dry camp for extended periods if desired.

I really like a utilitarian look. I don't have a need for a full-time RV hence the ability transform from RV to passenger van to Load hauler.

The project will be divided up in phases:

Phase I - Get the floor in and sprinter seats in so that we can use ASAP. Want to follow BISGary general plan for flooring.

Phase 2 - Insulate the walls and ceiling and cover with panels.

Phase 3 (sometime next summer) Start building Modules Kitchen, Toilet, and bunk in that order.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts