Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my PM does not come with keyless or remote, but it does have alarm and all door open and close together with the driver door. What would it take to upgrade it to remote-control? Is it just the key or do I have to upgrade the alarm system?

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
8,679 Posts
All Promasters come with a remote as standard equipment if you don’t have one you should!

·
Registered
2017 136” HR
127 Posts
Oh, that sound promising. Is the remote separate from the key?
This is the stock key you should have received with your van. Did you not get one like this?

·
Registered
3,350 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
If you bought it used you might only got the key without remote. You can get remote key from the dealership and they will need your van and all your keys(important to bring all your keys you want to use with the van) to reprogram the new key and take less than 5min for them to reprogram it. Any keys that was not use during the reprogram process will be knock out of the car's computer. Don't buy a used remote key from ebay or anywhere, from what i was told they can't reprogram used key. Also another option is find an auto locksmith to clone your current keys, i personally have no luck finding someone to help me with it. Also call around to different dealership if you are in a big city. The price of the key is roughly about the same but most charge significant reprogram fee($40-150). When i got a replacement key, i went the only dealer that doesn't charge reprogram fee. Hope this help.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts