Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to “program” the key fobs? I’ve read all the lit in the owner’s manual, user guide & DVD. They all say it is programmable however they do not get into further details on how to program it. Any ideas? Again, the salesmen seem clueless on this…

·
Registered
301 Posts
Anyone know how to “program” the key fobs? I’ve read all the lit in the owner’s manual, user guide & DVD. They all say it is programmable however they do not get into further details on how to program it. Any ideas? Again, the salesmen seem clueless on this…
What do you want to program the keys to do?

I think the keys supplied with the vehicle are already programmed to open the doors and start the vehicle. If you need additional or replacement keys, they have to be programmed by the dealer.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't know they are programmed to start the vehicle? H*ll all's I'm lookin to do is get the horn to beep when locking the doors. Right now all I get is flashing lights. I like the horn beeping as it assures me that the PM is in fact locked & in some instances like coming out of a stadium or such, to listen for the horn in helping determine where my PM is parked!

·
Registered
473 Posts
The remote start I don't think?? is available from the factory. I think all the remotes can do is lock & unlock.
If they did anything else the manual would say

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The remote start I don't think?? is available from the factory. I think all the remotes can do is lock & unlock.
If they did anything else the manual would say
The owners manual does state that when hitting the lock icon on the fob, the turn signal will flash & the horn will chirp to acknowledge the signal. The horn does not chirp on mine & yes all the doors are closed with no "door ajar" issues... :confused:

·
Registered
180 Posts
The dealer can disable the feature where the doors lock automatically after you get up to about 30 mph or something like that. The chirp on locking feature is normally enabled or disabled by pressing or holding some combination of buttons on the fob. Most cars have this. The PM may not. It's not documented anywhere I can find. An aftermarket alarm may be your best option.

Edit: The salesman was clueless? Shocking. When I took a test drive I set a record for FPPM (face palms per minute) listening to the "Promaster expert" at the dealership.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Dug some more in the manual. It appears if you have the touchscreen radio you can set it all up from the dash. This would imply the dealer can set the horn chirp for you if you don't.

"• Flash Headlights With Lock
When this feature is selected, the headlights will flash
when the doors are locked or unlocked with the Remote
Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter. This feature may be
selected with or without the sound horn on lock feature
selected. To make your selection, touch the Flash Headlights
with Lock soft-key, until a check-mark appears
next to setting, indicating that the setting has been
selected. Touch the arrow back/Done soft-key to return
to the previous menu."

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dug some more in the manual. It appears if you have the touchscreen radio you can set it all up from the dash. This would imply the dealer can set the horn chirp for you if you don't.

"• Flash Headlights With Lock
When this feature is selected, the headlights will flash
when the doors are locked or unlocked with the Remote
Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter. This feature may be
selected with or without the sound horn on lock feature
selected. To make your selection, touch the Flash Headlights
with Lock soft-key, until a check-mark appears
next to setting, indicating that the setting has been
selected. Touch the arrow back/Done soft-key to return
to the previous menu."
Alarmguy,
Where did ya find this info? Owners manual page#? Under what topic heading? Thanx...

·
Registered
301 Posts
Alarmguy,
Where did ya find this info? Owners manual page#? Under what topic heading? Thanx...
I had a hard time finding it too. It is not under "Doors and Locks" but rather under "Lights" heading and then "Flash Headlights With Lock" sub-heading on Page 167 of 3rd Edition of Owners Manual.

·
Registered
180 Posts
That's where I found it. Funny book. It initially directed me to the Uconnect manual, which referred me back to the OM. Do you have the touchscreen radio and if so, were you able to get it sorted? It looks like the touchscreen radio is a very useful option. I might need therapy now. Discussing radios and keyfobs in the same post is enough to make a Sprinter owner clinically depressed.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I found it in the owner’s manual as well as on the PM DVD. It specifically states the horn chirp option as being available. Only problem is that it does not appear on my Uconnect 5.0 system! I called the dealership & he went out to one of the PM’s they had on the lot & low & behold the same thing. No lights option. Under this option (according to the owners manual & DVD) is several sub-categories such as daytime running lights, flash headlights with lock, greeting lights, headlight sensitivity & cornering lights. Is anyone else experiencing this “ no lights option” problem?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No feedback from any PM owners on this? Jeez. Fairly certain there has gotta be several PM owners with the Uconnect 5.0 systems installed on this site. If anybody owns one would they kindly chime in on the "no lights option”? Been sick with the flu all week & haven't been able to get her to the dealership. I called Chrysler customer assistance & they suggested that's what I do. I did call the local dealership & inquired about it. The service advisor stated that that can be corrected but then he asked what kind of vehicle I had & when I told him it was a brand new PM he stated that he wasn't too sure about them & they would have to look at it more closely upon arrival.

WTF! I see several things in either one or all of the lit (user guide, owner’s manual, DVD) that do not appear as functional options on my Uconnect 5.0 system. Here are some of the ones I picked up on:

1) FOB horn chirp issue
2) No lights option
3) No daytime running lights option
4) No flash headlights & chirp horn with lock option
5) Greeting lights option
6) Headlight sensitivity option
7) Cornering lights option
8) Parkview backup camera static gridlines setting
9) Parkview backup camera fixed guidelines setting
10) Parkview backup camera delay setting
11) Surround sound option

One last issue I picked up on. There appears to be no option to lock your doors if you do not have a key/fob. So if you’re parked out in the driveway or the barn let’s say, you needed something left in your van & are now done for the day/nite, how do you lock your PM? I discovered that the only way to secure all or any of the doors is to have a key/fob in your possession. Don’t get me wrong. None of the aforementioned are earth shattering concerns nonetheless this is not what I would expect from a vehicle produced in 2014… :(

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And the verdict is... My Uconnect 5.0 system is not a 5.0 system, of which I paid an additional $350 for! It was dealership determined as a much earlier version, hence all of the aforementioned "issues"...

·
Registered
473 Posts
And the verdict is... My Uconnect 5.0 system is not a 5.0 system, of which I paid an additional $350 for! It was dealership determined as a much earlier version, hence all of the aforementioned "issues"...
In other words, they factory installed the wrong head unit?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Evidently. Still awaiting "authorization" from the factory to replace with updated Uconnect system. What a crock!

1 - 20 of 79 Posts