Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today that pressing the lock button did not lock the rear doors. In trying to figure it out I press the buttons to unlock & lock several times and finally it quit working. Any ideas why?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Could be worse. Sprinter fobs are nearly useless when they do work, and any radio interference whatsoever cuts their range to about 3 inches. I'm NOT exaggerating. Park under the wrong power line or whatever and they cease to function.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Took the van in today to have the new key FOB "programmed", which they said would be about 20 minutes, and 6 hours later they figured out the "power distribution block" was locked and they didn't know how to unlock it. They called technical support and got it figured out. I lost a day of work and now have to play catch up!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Key FOBs stopped working

I have over 10,000 miles on my truck after 6 months and both key FOBs stopped working at the same time. I used one predominantly and had a spare. When the used one quit I tried the spare and it wouldn't work either. I replaced the battery in the used one but that did not solve the problem. I am taking it into the dealer on Monday June 2. I'll post results.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think these have a lockout of some sort if you repeatedly press the button in a short amount of time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have 2 key FOBs and they both stopped working at the same time. Took it to the dealer today and they couldn't fix it. They will call me back in when they here from STAR.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My key fob quit working again!! After several months of working fine it just quit. Back to the dealer...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I noticed today that pressing the lock button did not lock the rear doors. In trying to figure it out I press the buttons to unlock & lock several times and finally it quit working. Any ideas why?
I had the same problem a few months ago with both of my key fobs at the same time. If your doors are not shut tightly the key fob wont work. It also seems that if you press the key too many times in succession they quit working altogether. I had to have mine both reprogrammed at the dealer. They couldn't fix it the first time and I had to return after they received more info from headquarters. I lost the use of my van for a day due to a key problem. Sometimes technology just makes everything more complicated.

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
Question for the ones who bought at PM without the extra key option.

How many keys did you get? 1 FOB, 1 valet or more?

I'll tell you after why I am asking this question.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts