Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm now in the boat where I'm deciding which van to get and am surprised by the price. Can somebody tell me why the Promaster is so much cheaper than the Transit? I test drove the Promaster and it was okay. I think the dash is just no nonsense not a luxurious one. I looked into a transit window and liked their dash better, but my dealer didn't have one to test drive, The one I looked in was a special order and being picked up in minutes. Im not tall, only 5'6" and need a step in for either van. I'm looking to make whichever van I get a nice boondocking capable vehicle.

Poodle Girl

·
Registered
485 Posts
IMO the Promaster being more modular in it's assembly and IMO crude in finish , more efficient in assembly = lower cost to manufacture . Cheaper to make = more competitive in the market .

·
Registered
228 Posts
The Promaster is also assembled in Mexico where the average autoworker earns between $4 and $8 per hour. The Transit is assembled in Missouri where hourly wages start around $18 and can be as high as $40 for those that have been there for some time.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
The Promaster body design has not changed since introduced in Europe in 2006. Almost any body part that fits your 2019 will fit my 2014 or a 2006 Fiat/Citroen/Peugeot. For example, one windshield fits them all, whereas, according to Safelite, there are 14 different windshields for the various Transits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
PoodleGirl
Ram Promaster Forum
We’re a community forum dedicated to Promaster enthusiasts to discuss mods, camper conversions, diesel, fuel economy, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing