Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just acquired a 136" Low Roof for my apparel company. Got a great deal and very happy with vehicle performance so far.

A few bugs in the first 500 miles.
  1. The radio doesn't turn off when I turn off the car.
  2. The TPMS light has come on for the front left tire even though it's fine on air.
  3. The roof leaked today after rain. I think the seal on one of the roof driving lights is bad.
I just ordered a sortimo partition for it. It's also been debadged and had some graphics added. flat black on black.

Would like to get some black wheels but might just powder coat these.

I have an apparel company so it won't be hauling super heavy weight. I did lots of research and felt this was the best deal. Didn't really need RWD and lots of options for the price. $25,900 plus fees.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Very nice price, you won't regret it.

The uconnect 5.0 has a setting for radio on at startup. Not sure about the other head units.

Mine did exactly the same with the tpms. Took it to the dealer, he put air in the tire, problem solved. Both the built in gauge on the air pump, and the stick type pocket thingy are known inaccurate. The stock tire is so meaty you'd never see it low visually.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Roof leak is a known common problem, as is brake squeal and dust, complaints about the tilt wheel, and universal hatred of the clipboard thingy.

Other than that, there are no common issues. Nobody had yet complained about engine, trans, suspension, CAN buss, or any actual problems of that type.

So far so good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Roof leak is a known common problem, as is brake squeal and dust, complaints about the tilt wheel, and universal hatred of the clipboard thingy.

Other than that, there are no common issues. Nobody had yet complained about engine, trans, suspension, CAN buss, or any actual problems of that type.

So far so good.
The roof leak thing has me pretty bummed. You can literally see a puddle of water in the dome light console.

I've sent the thread on the issue to my dealer. I'll get it fixed or get a new vehicle. Fortunately this isn't my first rodeo and I am very persistent and effective at these matters....

·
Registered
810 Posts
How is it that you know it's the front left tire?
Does it tell you which tire? The book, say that it doesnt and to check them all??
I have the cheapy stereo and there is an option for auto on/off.
Choose the option and that will fix your issue.
My dealer fixed the leaking marker lights on mine.
I had cups of water coming out of my dome light switches when I stepped on the gas... and water running down the inside of the windshield into the dash when I hit the brakes.
The 'rain doctor' subcontractor at the dealer removed the lights... cleaned up the old caulk, re-sealed with Chrysler sealant and all is god now for the past few storms.
Congrats on your new wheels... Im liking my mini-tank now more and more...
it just sits up so dammmned high.. even with the seat lowered all the way..
I wish I had a grab handle to reach instead of using the steering wheel to get in.
I may have to start getting in the right sliding door and walking thru to slide in the captians chair.
good luck with yours.

ps.. how or what is that 'Project X' sticker? or wrap?? or Paint??
That looks dammmn good how that was installed!
I love it!

Do tell us more about that graphic...make-up and install..
thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ps.. how or what is that 'Project X' sticker? or wrap?? or Paint??
That looks dammmn good how that was installed!
I love it!

Do tell us more about that graphic...make-up and install..
thanks
The center console states which tire is low.

The radio issue appears to have been a setting. I could have sworn I went through them all but did not see it. What a weird setting to begin with!

The graphic is not a wrap. I purchased a black PM so I could avoid a full wrap. It's a flat black vinyl designed for this type of application. I wanted a stealthy look for my company "Project X". There are graphics on all 4 sides, including a reverse Project X logo on the front which allows the text to read correct when you look in your rear view mirror...ambulance style.

The water has now been drained. We'll find out what, if any, damage occurred next week!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts