Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just ordered a Promaster today and it "seems" like the order options have recently changed with regard to the radio. The only upgrade option was for the NAV option. There was no option for Uconnect 3 or Uconnect 5 or having no backup camera. Also, no radio delete. So which radio should I expect to show up? The dealer believes the backup camera will be on the rear view mirror and not on a 5" Uconnect screen. My hope and belief is that a recent change has made the Uconnect 5" screen the default radio included with a backup camera and the only option is if you want to add the NAV. Please do not respond unless you know the answer to this for sure because I suspect something has changed recently (like since March 1st 2018).

Thanks!
Chris

·
Registered
888 Posts
Are you aware 2018 actual window stickers say Uconnect 3 with 5”display and cam is standard?

Options are SIRIUS OR NAV

·
Registered
386 Posts
The 2018 2500 159 i test drove today had the 5" display with both sirius and nav ... fwiw

·
Registered
427 Posts
Mandatory backup camera (government regulations) means mandatory Uconnect and no radio delete. There was a phase-in period for this, which ends sometime in 2018.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts