Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took a 130 mile drive and picked up a 1200 pound load. 21 mpg from door to door in the hill country of texas.

12v and USB do not charge while car is off, this is a bummer and I will rewire.

Question: how does one turn on cargo lights without opening doors from the cab?

Thanks to this forum I bought this vehicle.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Just took a 130 mile drive and picked up a 1200 pound load. 21 mpg from door to door in the hill country of texas.

12v and USB do not charge while car is off, this is a bummer and I will rewire.

Question: how does one turn on cargo lights without opening doors from the cab?

Thanks to this forum I bought this vehicle.

The lights themselves are the switch, there are 3 positions: off, come on when door opened or on (but they only stay on for a limited time (20 minutes?))

·
Registered
164 Posts
And you press the face of the light to operate it.

I am glad that you have joined the PM owners. I have had mine for 7 months and enjoy it more and more. I have had zero problems with mine.
USB port near the ignition is always on.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Mine comes on when I open the door like it's connected to the interior lights but as soon as the light goes off so does the USB power.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine comes on when I open the door like it's connected to the interior lights but as soon as the light goes off so does the USB power.
HMMM, Maybe i have to do more testing. I certainly had the door open. how stupid is that, that is might do that.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Mine is always on, regardless of condition. Tested.
How did you test? Ny phone beeps when I plug it in so when I leave in plugged in in the van and come back and open the door it beeps like I just plugged it in. And of course I can see the charge indicator go out when the lights turn off. I wish mine was always on....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts