Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And plan to turn it into a camper van. I've already learned a lot from lurking on the site and really appreciate the knowledge and willingness to share found here. I'm located in Central Va.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Welcome to another Va. owner! We've had our PM for over two years now. Love it! Get a great insurance rate thru Allstate too. Had no issues financing or insuring it.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to another Va. owner! We've had our PM for over two years now. Love it! Get a great insurance rate thru Allstate too. Had no issues financing or insuring it.
Hi Rich! Thanks for the tip on Allstate. Initially when I tried to insure it through my regular agent with Alfa Alliance they said the couldn't as it was a commercial vehicle. But I'm not going to use it as such. Did you turn your van into a camper?

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome,

I'm originally from Lynchburg but made a yearly pilgrimage to C-ville to Crutchfield to blow my bonus on stereo gear.

There's a re-activated thread mentioning VA insurance for ProMasters that may interest you.
I know what you mean about Crutchfield. Not a good place to live if you have an addiction to electronics of any kind!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hi Rich! Thanks for the tip on Allstate. Initially when I tried to insure it through my regular agent with Alfa Alliance they said the couldn't as it was a commercial vehicle. But I'm not going to use it as such. Did you turn your van into a camper?
I made it into a sleeper van. No plumbing. Just a slide out bench/bed in the back with a full size futon mattress. Put 100 sq ft. of sound mat insulation all over the roof, walls and wells. Carpet padding on the bed floor and then commercial carpet. Have a old maple night stand behind the drivers seat that holds two deep cycle batteries with a apartment fridge atop it. (Strapped down for safety) Have four 100 watt panels atop the roof feeding a 40 amp MPT controller to keep the cells charged. A 500 watt pure sine inverter gives us 110v for the fridge and accessories. I put foam board and bubble wrap insulation on walls with some paneling. I made some bubble wrap (Mylar sun shield material) covers to put behind the windshield and side and rear windows. Got some horse trailer windows 12" x 12" that have screens and crank out to open and shed rain well. That's our ventilation when camping. KISS camper project. Not done yet, but I'll have time to do it as business slows down for the winter. I do bike and sidecar upholstery and by Nov. I am pretty much out of business til March. People always talk about working on their bikes in the winter, but in 21 years in the business, I have never seen it!

This way it can still haul sheets of plywood or lumber and be a work van when I need it to be.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts