Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to price / option out the Promaster I want.

Did mine through the build site at ramtruck.ca which is horrible by the way (ex: no explanation/images of the option, same option can be chosen more than once if in package). Finally built it the way I'd like. Which is with the windows all around and most of the other options. Most dealer stock is pretty basic, even if they do have one.

So finally get the dealer brochure (no date, but just came in) and cross reference. Okay. Some of it checks out, some items missing. Strange.

Go to the dealer and sat down with saleslady and we start building it through this "Final Fillter" before sending it off to FCA. What's this? U-Haul Package? PreChecked forced options that contradict my initial option choices? No left sliding door with fixed glass? Even the saleslady was confused. She will be talking with the sales manager who will call FCA to find out what is going on.

Is it possible some options have a time line in which to order within? Usually MAY on the calendar is your last chance for a 2018. We're mid February. When would the 2019 build be initialized?

I've never experienced such a convoluted way of building a vehicle. This on top of a 4 month long wait.

End of vent.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi, if I may, will add to your vent ... went thru the ramtruck.ca build and it was a negative experience... no proper explanation of what the add-on really is/does - (ok, most do not require 'details' - but numerous do) ... anyway, found no opening windows - only fixed glass, no indication of a spare tire, and numerous other minor deficiencies, so went to (our only) dealer yesterday (north Ontario CA) ... and the salesman had no answers re windows, tire, possible upper sidewall paneling (floor and lower ok) ... none in stock, but " we deal mostly in fleet orders" and so forth... he is telling me there are only three 'licensed' promaster dealers in the province // apparently the dealership has to sign up to be able to sell these vans (much like selling Fiat vehicles)...

I do like / wish to ... build my own but am concerned about several things - like lack of dealer interest, potential dealer dishonesty ( re other recent posts by others), the long (4 month wait) etc... All of this can of course be overcome, but it does put a bit of a damper on what should be a fun and exiting time/project ... the extended wait time also puts a bit of pressure on making a decision - what are the odds of finalizing all the 'options' in the factory build, submitting, and then having the van come into delivery with wrong build? Finally, what is FCA?

Aahhh the fun has started me thinks...

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Yes, the website is just the comic book version. Treat that as your first approximation, then find a dealer who will email you a PDF copy of their most current Promaster Ordering Guide. It's updated throughout the year. The one we got is 34 pages long and lists all the option codes (with exceptions) and the MSRP for each one. Once you digest it, you will know more than the sales staff. We built our order from that. Here's the front page plus a random page from ours:

EDIT: the 3.5 month wait was well spent doing research and buying stuff.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Thank you keepon & Larry for FCA ... is that US - or also Canada? And Steve, thanks for that build sheet info - will have to see if our only local dealer (within 300km) will part with a copy - likely very helpful... and yes, research time within the waiting time... am also working on a large boat and house reno so few dull moments lol ~ Steve (also)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts