Ram Promaster Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Good to see you are posting updates on your biuld. I like you all in attitude. Im to the point of door window install.
How much fudge factor is there when fine tuning the window position. Van Specialities says it's really hard and want $350 for the install. I think I can handle it but just need a little more confidence. Thx in advance!
Yennes,

I did the 7' long CRL windows on both sides and the window behind the driver's seat. I made a 1/4" plywood pattern that the window fit perfectly, the taped it to the side of the van and used it as a template and scratch shield. Plywood was $15, fine metal blades for my jigsaw, $7. Reversed pattern and used it for both sides, no problems. One spot was tight so I filed a bit and reinserted. One helper made a big difference - couldn't have done it myself.

Pictures on my website, linked in my signature.... as an old shop teacher, I always told the kids, "measure twice, cut once"

Go for it!
Ed

jostalli, thanks for the updates and pics!

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
That must have been fun! Did you destroy the floor removing it?
Actually the factory floor is quite slick on the bottom so the adhesive they used did not adhere too well. The floor pulled up rather easily.

Thanks for reviving my build thread. I had been neglecting it. I will post the latest progress shortly. It's amazing how challenging it is to make things "fit" in this van. I don't think anything I have built is square. Then as I go to install a piece it needs additional trimming and shimming.

·
Registered
251 Posts
How is the rear tire carrier holding up? Any problems with the weight of the tire on the hinges or sheet metal? I'm guessing it's fine considering it's the same carrier and mounting method that's in my Jeep, which has 285/75-16 tires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hope you are still active on the forum... wanted to know how your warm floor worked. I am considering installing the Step Warmfloor elements under the entire floor (136" wb). Thanks!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hanging the Spare

How is the rear tire carrier holding up? Any problems with the weight of the tire on the hinges or sheet metal? I'm guessing it's fine considering it's the same carrier and mounting method that's in my Jeep, which has 285/75-16 tires.
El Guapo

I have a 2009 Rubicon since new & can't see any problems with the factory install. However I have not researched how that rear door is made & the sheet metal, but it doesnt seem to be an issue on the Jeeps

I have thought of mounting my spare on the door like the OP, but I have the same concerns as you do with regards to the engineering & thin sheet metal which I believe is 0.030 like the rest of the thin skins. The OP has not responded to your question, so I am not sure what to conclude

41 - 48 of 48 Posts