Ram Promaster Forum banner

81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
The first time I filled ours up, I used a regular garden hose and that tasted pretty terrible. It is 'okay' tasting with an RV water fill hose with a filter on the end. Hadn't thought about the silencer kit being the culprit. I'm hoping it gets better with time and usage, since there is a lot of plastic in the lines, fittings, and tank.

Update on the water situation:

I bought two filters for the van and they were delivered the next day via amazon prime. I drained the tank by running the rest of the 15 gallons through it which might have helped too.

The first one is a filter for the end of the hose that I placed it between the hose and the tank.
- Camco 40043 TastePure RV/Marine Water Filter
The second one is for under the sink.
- Waterdrop 10UA Under Sink Water Filter System

The water now tastes fantastic. I would definitely recommend these!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Update on the water situation:

I bought two filters for the van and they were delivered the next day via amazon prime. I drained the tank by running the rest of the 15 gallons through it which might have helped too.

The first one is a filter for the end of the hose that I placed it between the hose and the tank.
- Camco 40043 TastePure RV/Marine Water Filter
The second one is for under the sink.
- Waterdrop 10UA Under Sink Water Filter System

The water now tastes fantastic. I would definitely recommend these!
Water filter under the sink is definitely a worthy install.

I have a recommendation for your awesome build: under cabinet lights for your uppers. I went with one of those remote controlled led strips so I didn’t have to fiddle with wiring in a switch.

81 - 82 of 82 Posts