Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else get their shiny new Jacking Tips Card from FCA?

It came in the mail today. Seems like they decided that they didn't explain how to change tires and use the winch, so they wrote an addendum to keep with your owners manual, and a slick little card to put with your jack!

I've only had the van for 2 years now, so I'm impressed with how helpful this is coming in the mail now. ;)

ed

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Oh darn when I used the jack I probably did it wrong, uh you do put it under the bumper, right?

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes!

But did you know there was a little window on the winch?

You are supposed to "rotate the wrench handle until the winch mechanism window turns yellow and the operator hears 3 clicks from the device to show the wheel is properly stowed under the vehicle."

No yellow dot? Or black dot? see your dealer!

ed

ps. If you have aluminum wheels, there's two more pages of info on how to store your spare!

pps. I suppose I should look under there some day....

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
I now see! I got my card today. I do have the aluminum wheels and when I got the van there was hardware in a bag inside I ignored and threw in a box in the garage..... I better go look at it?!

·
Super Moderator
10,139 Posts
I just put my jack un that shiny oval thing under the van and lift it up. Why is my check engine light always on? ;)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Got mine in yesterday. I've had my van a year now. Lucky for me no flats yet! ;-)

·
Super Moderator
10,139 Posts
Got mine today. Would have been nice to have last time I rotated the tires but better late than never

·
Registered
125 Posts
I got my first flat in years today, mine's only a month and a half old. That card was not much of a help, kinda like Ikea instructions. There is a plastic nut in inside the spare tire wheel that holds the flange of the winch in place. It takes a lot of turns on the jack to lift the van high enough to get the wheel on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts