Ram Promaster Forum banner

541 - 556 of 556 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #543
Thank you for the feedback.
I assumed that most didn't use the intake feature, or at least didn't use it often.
But I figured I would ask, in case there was a use for it that I wasn't thinking of.
I'm going to order the 6401k model.
The nice thing about these fans is that they are made here, so no waiting for ridiculously expensive products/parts and it can easily be upgraded in the future if I want more features or a different fan altogether.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #544
Fan is on the way.
Also, really liking the full time rear view. It makes vehicles seem a little further than they actually are, but the picture is very clear, no glare from headlights (like the factory camera) and the field of view covers as much as the side mirrors. I'm glad I installed it and didn't dismiss it because it was cheap.
KIMG0846.JPG

·
Registered
212 Posts
We use the in flow feature when it is a little too warm to help cool us in the bed since it is right above it. The 78 degree feature appears to have a smart controller in that it will run faster the larger the delta to 78.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #546
I pulled the trigger on the 4 speed, exhaust only fan. Also, I'm mounting it up front, in the area that's stamped out for a sunroof. Not only because the install will be easier on a flat surface, but the front is a smidge lower than the rear, so I'd rather add the 5" of increased clearance to the front.
At some point, I'll add a passive vent to the floor in the rear. I think that would be a better place to pull air than the front windows.
If we park and go for a walk for a few hours on a warm/hot day, I can open the floor vent, open the roof vent, crack the windows and be in good shape. And with 1.5" of ceiling insulation, headliner and painting the roof white, I should be in even better shape.
All this reminds me, I need to make some reflectix window shades and order rain guards.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I think you'll get better heat management pulling heat out anyway. Intake is more for pulling warmer air in (or circulating it) towards the floor. You may feel the movement in the path of the fan, but unless it's cooler outside above the fan, you're fighting the hot air attempting to escape. A secondary personal fan would likely be more beneficial

·
Registered
212 Posts
You may feel the movement in the path of the fan, but unless it's cooler outside above the fan, you're fighting the hot air attempting to escape.
I said in bed we do this, meaning when we go to sleep, generally once the sun goes down the air is always cooler outside so the breeze directly on us cools us just fine and all that warmer air is forced out thru our screened windows.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #549
It's all good. I don't have windows to open and my fan won't be over the bed.
If I put a vent in the floor at the back, I'll have all bases covered with an exhaust only fan. The fan will also be next to the shower.
I'll have a few Ryobi 18v cordless tools in the tool box. I might pick up their little cordless fan before the trip.
This one's in the bag. Time to stress about the next project.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #553
Not taking many pics, as most of what I'm doing has been done many times before. Just kinda snapping a pic here and there as a timeline stamp on progress.
Now that I'm elbows deep into it, I decided to just go with 1" polyiso on the walls and 1-1/2" on the ceiling.
I decided on covering the walls and ceiling with 5mm ply and foam backed headliner, plus upper cabinets. So 1" should be fine.
I looked at as many pics of framing as I could find but still found myself having to figure it out from scratch.
Only thing that might be a little different is I did lap joints and the angle cut at the top of the vertical pieces ended up being around 51*.
Also, I went with cheap 2-1/2" wide furring strips instead of 3/4 boards.
Furring strips are 5/8" thick, not 3/4".
At least this batch was.keep that in mind if using them.
KIMG0892.JPG
KIMG0890.JPG
KIMG0891.JPG

541 - 556 of 556 Posts