Ram Promaster Forum banner

401 - 420 of 445 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #401
I was thinking the seat behind the passenger seat would fold down out of the way, but I think I like your idea of a moveable box seat that can also serve as storage.
That's more practical and saves me a ton of time.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
Does that table fold down to a vertical position and sit flat against the side of the bench it's attached to?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
No. It has a lot of different positions it can be used in, but not a vertical storage configuration while still attached to the base pole. If you search for Lagun, you'll find lots of variations.

I store ours in the back area, easy to access and put away.

You can see the mounting plate has some depth, so this spot turned out to be just right. I added the cup holders because the mount was sticking out anyway so they stick out about the same amount. The cupholders really manke it easy to have a soda or coffee on the table without the chance for spilling.

The vertical tube stays attached to the couch and actually serves a a second grab handle for van entry.

The table will also swivel to stick out of the van and we sometimes use it as a holding area for items going from in to out, like cooking stuff when we're using the butane stove or grill on a CG picnic table.

It all depends on where you put the base mount and how you offset the table mount. Inside, it works well as a laptop table while you're sitting on the couch.

(apologies to those who may have seen these pics in another thread or two... I'm a big Lagun fan !)

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #405
Well folks, today is the day. My back feels well enough to at least do some insulation. So, putting on the hazmat suits, strapping on the machete and crossbow, hooking up the cow catcher to the front of the van and headed to Depot to get some supplies.
Something I thought of this morning, places like Depot and Lowe's have janitorial supply sections and they have TP and PT, in case your locals are freaking out and emptying the shelves at all the local food marts.
We usually have a good stockpile of stuff at home, so we're not overly concerned. Also haven't been shopping in a week, so I have no idea if the stores are as crazy as the "news" made it out to be.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #408
So, naturally, our dryer took a crap today. So, no trip to Depot for supplies. I spent most of the energy I had, trouble shooting and cleaning.
The dryer was old and electric and I wanted to convert to gas anyway.
So I will spend the rest of the night getting prepped for the swap and just pick up a simple gas dryer tomorrow.
I'm assuming that the next time I get ready to get started on the van, the fridge will die.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #409
Looking at fridges online and this one keeps popping up.
Can anyone tell if it's Truck fridge brand, Dometic, or if they are one in the same?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #410
Never mind.
It's Vitrifrigo brand. Made in Italy. Never heard of it.
The listing is misleading. They're calling it a "truck fridge" and then list Dometic fridges under it.
Anyone heard of Vitrifrigo?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #414
I checked out their website and liked that they are available workout a freezer section. Also a bit cheaper when branded as vitrifrigo.
Problem is, I doubt any of the US retailers order them without freezers.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #415
Finally did some work today. And I took pics so I can prove it!
Just got the floor in. Pulled out the factory mat, polyiso and the plastic drop cloth that was under it from last fall. I put tape across the D ring holes in the mat, put it back in and poked holes in the tape to locate the bolt holes. When I traced out the mat on the plywood, I marked where the holes in the tape were. Luckily they all lined up. I drilled 3/8" holes and that turned out to be enough wiggle room. I couldn't do half lap joints because I needed the full 12' of the 3 plywood sheets. And I would have lost a few inches by overlapping. Not sure what you'd call it, but I basically routed half lap joints, but both on the top of each side. Then glued and tacked in lattice.
Other than that, just your average plywood floor.
Now I can start base cabinets and electrical.
Sorry about the crappy pics. It was dark when I finished up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #416
Okay, back to the fridge.
I emailed a retailer about a Vitrifrigo/TruckFridge model that was $509. Still a price I'm reluctant to pay, but if I want a quality 12v compressor fridge with a front door, that's a relatively "good" price. I asked if there were any models available that were fridge only, without the freezer compartment. Vitrifrigo's website had them, but they're in Italy. After waiting a week for a reply, the rep responded with a bunch of nonsense for 2 days and tried selling me a fridge for $1200 and said I could "remove the freezer section". 2 days of nonsense before simply saying they couldn't get one without a freezer. Geez, it was a simple question. Needless to say, I'm not buying a fridge from them.
So, I came up with a different layout that would incorporate a chest fridge that doesn't have to be on the floor and also moved the batteries to driver side, as well as cut the hot water tank to 10gal from 20. I'll store +/-10 gal on the pass side to counter some weight. Also, I'm thinking of a flip up bed and narrowed it to 3' wide in the drawing. there would be no room to spare, but we tested it on our bed and we fit side by side on 3'. 4' would be less cramped, but I'll do the bed last, after the driver side cabs are built and make it wide as possible and see how narrow I can get away with having the leg room when getting off the bed.
I spent hours changing the design today and the program crashed and had to do it all over. Anyway, this is what I came up with for a concept.
I'm spent, so I'd appreciate comments on anything glaringly bad.
I still want to do @proeddie 's chest seat and @Davo 's flip down table top off the slider.
16.jpg
15.jpg
14.jpg

·
Registered
2,852 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #418
Yep. Just barely. I'm not a particularly big guy (although I'm still growing), but my wife is tiny.
If I settle on this layout, I can probably stretch it to 3'6", 3'8". Hopefully.
The matress is a full at 4'6" and that would have been plenty.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #420
I'm not crazy about the narrow bed, the 54" would be ideal, but I spent a lot of time on the first design and not only might I end up with a chest fridge now, but the model of the van had a few important dimensions off that once I noticed, meant I had to make more changes anyway.
Still need the 4'x8' floor space open, still need the shower/toilet (only one location is possible) and still don't want the fridge on the floor. So those 3 factors dictate pretty much the whole build.
I've run through every scenario and can't come up with much that maintains those 3 things.
It was a frustrating day, but I would still rather measure 100 times and cut once.

401 - 420 of 445 Posts