Ram Promaster Forum banner

381 - 400 of 431 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
RnR theTruck Fridge is the very best route out there no mater what the cost. It beats the pants off ant chest fridge hands down and nothing is as inconvenient as a roll out chest fridge! A TF 130 at waist height is the only way to go...🙀
I concur. This was the exact route I went. $699, caught a free shipping sale. Not bad.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
RnR theTruck Fridge is the very best route out there no mater what the cost. It beats the pants off ant chest fridge hands down and nothing is as inconvenient as a roll out chest fridge! A TF 130 at waist height is the only way to go. Anything else is second rate. Don’t cheat yourself for a few $. Of course, some of my friends here no names Of course (Ed & MsN) are addicted to them but they just don’t what they are missing!🙀
We know what we're missing—wasted space, spilled contents, etc. Plus, we know the view you are missing with that fridge up in your face.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yeah, when your TF130 pops open on a left turn and everything comes out, you will see one benefit of a chest fridge! :LOL: I adjusted my latch multiple times and we finally just kept tape stuck on the door at all times. Dogs were happy though.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #392
Really getting a kick out of this little thing. I might have to do some experiments with it's parts. Hope my wife realizes she donated it to science.
KIMG0717.JPG

·
Registered
2,842 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #394
Laying on their side, yeah, I'd say maybe a 6 pack.
It was one of those thermal Peltier(?) Jobs?
Pretty sure I can hot rod it up and get more out of it.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Hi RNR,
Well it certainly gets the cute vote.

But, efficiency wise, I think you would be better off with a dorm fridge.
From Wikipedia:
"In refrigeration applications, thermoelectric junctions have about 1/4 the efficiency compared to conventional means (they offer around 10–15% efficiency of the ideal Carnot cycle refrigerator, compared with 40–60% achieved by conventional compression-cycle systems (reverse Rankine systems using compression/expansion).[11]) Due to this lower efficiency, thermoelectric cooling is generally only used in environments where the solid-state nature (no moving parts), low maintenance, compact size, and orientation insensitivity outweighs pure efficiency."

Gary

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #397
I just want to pull it apart, see what makes it tick, waste my time building something stupid with it, make a mess, give up and throw it away, then wonder why I wasted my time and didn't just leave it in one piece.
Then I'll blow money on a $600 fridge a week before we leave for a trip.
I know me.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #398
I originally didn't plan on or think we would need a sitting area. But, after a few folks brought it up, considering I'm installing a full window on the slider and after seeing @Davo 's build and table top that folds down off the slider, I drew it up and I kinda like it.
The only downside is I lose the floor to ceiling section of cabinet that would hide the passenger side C pillar.
Not the end of the world.
dinette.jpg
dinette2.jpg

·
Registered
952 Posts
I like that concept also.

If you are looking to cover up the “C” pillar, I like what Grumman83 did & might copy that when I get at finishing the small trim bits. He used “trunk liner” his link below;

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
We look forward to lunch on the road... pickup a few Subway sandwiches and sit in front of the slider window (or open slider) and enjoy the view!

You might consider a Lagun table bracket. It is sturdy and with an extra base bracket, we also use the table between the couches as a more traditional table setup.

The bench behind the passenger seat serves as a storage area, is removable to make more space for carrying things, can be used as a hassock between the two couches, etc. I lean the passenger seat forward and it makes a good back to the bench "seat".

More info: My no-swivel rear facing seat

381 - 400 of 431 Posts