Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I made it home about 8 last night with the PMC slt, still waiting on the spare. I haven't had a chance to research it yet, but do you guys have any experience attaching plywood shelves to the side of a van?

I am ok with the building and scribing part , but I am assuming I use self tapping metal screws. I will be using 1/2 spruce plywood for the cabinets.

Here is the pic of the truck

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
I can't answer your question but congrats on the sweet ride and keep us posted on any upgrades.

Rudy

·
Registered
211 Posts
I can't help ya either as I have the slt wagon.But...congrats on 'joining' the club,and the new mini-mini van movement,lol ;}>

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yep, self-tapping sheet metal screws will do just fine. Just make sure you get the screws into a hollow area, and don't poke through to the outside of the van. In a van like this, you may prefer to install strips first, like long strips of 2x3 or something. Then you can attach the shelves and whatever else to those strips. (like studs in a house)

Make sure you post pics before, during, and after.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Also, note that the right side wheel well is DIFFERENT from the left side wheel well. Don't make the rookie mistake I made, in fabricating something for one side and just copying it for the other. The dang thing isn't symmetrical!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts