Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd throw this out there.
My experiences with my local dealer have been incredibly frustrating. The one tech that's "trained" to work on promaster knows nothing about them. Nothing. He probably slept thru the class if he even showed up.
I have a feeling I'm not the only one with Ram dealer issues. I was thinking that if some of you out there actually had a good experience with a Ram dealership, maybe you can let us know.
That way we all will know where to go if and when we need REAL and COMPETENT service.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The first 2 dealers I went too were completely inept.

The first one had the van for 11 days for door latch issues and coolant loss. They finally said they could not replicate the door issues and that it was "probably" normal for engines of this type to "loose coolant under normal use"

The 2nd one had one of the 15oo's for 31 days for a check engine light and coolant loss. We finally gave up took it back and just add coolant occasionally since they could never figure out the leak.

Both claimed to be trained on the PM

·
Premium Member
Master Overland Custom Vans Tampa
883 Posts
Carl Burger Ram in San Diego really impressed me. I grilled the service manager and he had an answer for everything. He said they have seen everything and can turn around Promasters as quickly as any other vehicle.

·
Registered
338 Posts
My dealer here in Houston is pathetic. I waited 5 months to take deliver of it 124 miles later radiator sprung a huge leak I couldn't even make it back to the dealer to have it checked out because of lack of antifreeze. Apparently, these things take a "special" antifreeze. The dealer sent someone out to my place of business with 2 gallons of it dumped it in and drove it to dealership. Wait, it gets better! Finally go it there they said yep its the radiator has to be replaced. I waited around for a loaner they said they didn't have any so they rented me a car from enterprise rental car. 7 days passed and nothing. I called numerous times left messages etc.. and still silence. Finally, I drove up there and found my van and could not believe what I witnessed. The entire front end was taken off and stuffed into the front seats! Why they didn't put the parts/pieces in the back I have no clue! So, I have antifreeze all over the seats/headliner/dash. Then, after returning the rental car I got stuck with the bill $300.00 plus because apparently the dealer hadn't issued a P.O. to enterprise rental car. There is more, but my fingers are tired!

·
Registered
625 Posts
My dealer (Lithia Dodge TriCities) was just fine during the whole order and purchase sequence.

As for anything else, I haven't gotten back to them yet. I do need to though, in regards to the inside release on the sliding door. It does concern me that someone commented this was the first diesel they have sold; but two other dealers about 40 miles away have had more diesel sales (and I think more PM sales too, curious, as they are out in smaller towns), so hopeful I could get something there if needed.

·
Registered
259 Posts
That way we all will know where to go if and when we need REAL and COMPETENT service.

My dealer (West Herr Dodge in Western NY) has been pretty good so far as far as service and handling recalls. But they fell short on understanding (or even knowing about) Business Link, I had to show them my documents. After they saw them, they handled my needs satisfactorily (they tried to charge me for oil changes whcih are free for the first two years but quickly corrected that.)

I am disappointed that Chrysler/Ram hasn't promoted the wonderful PM much more which would have resulted in more sales and would have necessitated better service from the dealers. I bet the Transit is far better serviced.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I️ know this is an old thread but I️ can’t help but to take this opportunity to share my thoughts (I voice my feedback on this dealership every chance I️ get).
My only option within 85 miles of a major city is Orange Park Chrysler Jeep Dodge. These guys are the WORST. Not at all competent.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Lol, Yep old thread...Been awhile, but Vancouver WA dealer is a disaster in Service Dept. So bad that FCA replaced my 2015 PM Diesel with a 2016. Should have known better, when I bought it the sales guy warned me not to use the Svc Dept. He was right, nice guy and went back a few months ago and bought another Dodge product but won't ever go there for service again ��

·
Registered
365 Posts
My local dealer in 2014 (Greenbriar Dodge in Chesapeake, VA.) was a PITA to try to buy a PM from. Sales guy was a complete BS artist. He's long gone now thankfully. I drove over 100 miles into NC south of us to close a good deal on the one I did buy. Great price, but they screwed up the paperwork package so badly that they overnighted it to me a month later to take to VA DMV to have it fixed myself! Never had that happen before. Luckily I caught a particularly talented lady at DMV and in a few hours, she straightened it all out. I will say that both my local dealers have done good service on my PM. Both Greenbriar Dodge and the Dodge Dealer in Suffolk VA have impressed me with good service on my PM.

Reactions: KNDLKSTMS

·
Registered
307 Posts
My experience is similar to Uralwrench’s. Sales experience was [email protected]&$ng atrocious! So bad in fact that I asked for the manager when the newbie couldn’t figure out how to open the Promaster key when it was time for a test drive. I asked the Sales Manager if I was part of some joke that I didn’t realize and he told me that I was a joke and told me that I was a terrible person! My jaw hit the floor. Mind you, I was calm and polite throughout this whole experience. It was so bizarre that I wasn’t even offended. Needless to say I did NOT buy my van from them.

Surprisingly - their service department has their act totally buttoned up. Very impressive.
Dayton Andrew’s Dodge in St Pete, FL.

·
Super Moderator
10,123 Posts
I’ve been pretty lucky but I only use the dealer for warranty work. The one time I brought it in because the dealer rebuilt & warrantied transmission in my ‘14 was clunking the charged my $65 for driving around the block and telling me it was fine. It blew up 2 days later 150 from home within a mile of the dealer that rebuilt it. After a month in the shop I got a factory new transmission under warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts