Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so the front of a PM is lower than the back. For camping, that means the floor/bed is not level. Possible solution...

Two of these for the front tires, and voila...... level... or use 1 if off level from side to side.

Video here: https://youtu.be/b4JQV15VzBc

No removing leaf springs, no bags, but only good while parked! 4" of lift. Hold 30,000 pounds. About $80 a pair.

So, Is this anything?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have 2 of those, and they are amazing. I used to use wood blocks, but the wedges are simple and work really well. Worth the money for sure.

Hopefully, by $80 per pair, you mean two full sets (two wedges, to chocks). I think I paid about $40 per set, so $80 for two sounds right.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have 2 of those, and they are amazing. I used to use wood blocks, but the wedges are simple and work really well. Worth the money for sure.

Hopefully, by $80 per pair, you mean two full sets (two wedges, to chocks). I think I paid about $40 per set, so $80 for two sounds right.
I've seen 2 sets (of ramps and chocks) for $80. Almost the same price as two sets of the plastic stacking blocks.

I just re-read your roof fan thoughts.... still not leaking? I'm thinking of a sunroof instead because of height limits, but I would prefer a different location than the one Ram selected.

Ed

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just re-read your roof fan thoughts.... still not leaking? I'm thinking of a sunroof instead because of height limits, but I would prefer a different location than the one Ram selected.

Ed
No leaks yet! It's been well over a year of steady, all season use. Still happy with the product and the installation. We use the fan a lot to keep cool, and to vent cooking odor or steam quickly.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm thinking of a sunroof instead because of height limits, but I would prefer a different location than the one Ram selected.

Ed
Someone on this forum installed a sun roof in the OEM location. I came across the picture in the gallery a long time ago. It looked pretty good, and was a pop up for venting. It solves the overall height issue, but you would have to come up with some sort of screen to prevent bugs from getting in.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GR,

My concern with the location in the front is that when you open the sunroof, it lets air flow from the front windows to the sunroof. No air will circulate in the back 2/3 of the van. If the sunroof is near the back, it would be better for removing hot air inside the van.

I would do a screen (and a fan) that would attach to the wood trim on the inside of the van.

Ed

·
Registered
33 Posts
Auser,

Any issues with using this in a front wheel drive van like the PM?

Ready to order them for an upcoming trip!

Ed
I guess it depends on where I park. Last weekend I parked on a slope, so one set of ramps was on a front wheel, one on the rear. Often, both are front, or both rear, so not sure front vs rear wheel drive makes a difference.

If I'm on super rocky or steeper terrain I get a bit of a moving start to roll up onto the ramps, then stomp the break when I think I'm close to the right height. Haven't rolled off the back of the ramp yet, but I'm sure I will before too long!

Attachments

·
Banned
413 Posts
I have these. I like them. I almost never use the smaller "chock", and I almost always use them "upside down": with the arc of the curve underneath.

Bonus that they fit under the drivers seat, balanced on the rails like they were designed for that spot -- or vice versa.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts