Cruise Control
Power Folding/heated Mirror
Right Sliding Door with Fixed Glass
Rear hinged doors with Glass Windows
Side wall Upper and Lower Paneling
Wood Composite Floor
Driver/Passenger 6 way adjustable Lumbar

MSRP including destination fee was 38,090

Price quoted was invoice (32,362 EDIT: SORRY, INVOICE IS NOT 32,362, IT IS ACTUALLY 36,362) less incentives (3250 for Consumer Cash + 1000 Business Owner Incentive, 4250 total), + handling fee

Total: 32,690

which is about 15% off MSRP. Good deal? Thoughts? First vehicle purchase ever.

Edit:

Deciding between new or used, this vehicle will be converted into a camper van, dont mind paying for used, but the only prob is that most used dont have the backup cam, uconnect 5.0 (needed for backup cam), and crusie control, which I would want in a camper.

Used vehicle prices around me:
2017 2500 159 - 10k miles, 28,996$ - only goody it has is rear windows.
2017 2500 159 - 3k miles - 28,492$ - only goody it has is rear windows.

See less See more
#2 ·
Wut??? Invoice 32,362 minus incentives -4250 = $28,211 . $28,211 is where you should be, or less. A sharp negotiator would want some of the owners " holdback".
Advantages the buyer has are : is it an old age unit? , your cash or great credit, other dealers competition .

#4 ·
Hi All,

Sorry!!! I made a mistake, INvoice is actually 36,362 (with all the goodys and including destination fee) and MSPR is at 38,090, so affter the 4250 incentive, the price is actually 32,690 (includes handling fee).

Regarding whether it is an old age unit, its a 2017 model, and on here it says it was shipped 8/17/2016. Would this be considered an old age unit?

I can try to negotiate some of the holdback, which is 1,103$, but I can also get the dealer to essnetially cut off the price of the paneling (195) + price of power folding heated mirros (245) since i dont really want those, but this model is in their warehouse and fits everything else I need. I think theyre trying to get rid of this for this reason, looks like its been there, and fits my needs so i think theyre willing to cut some of those prices for options I didnt really want, in return for me buying this one.

Should I really be at 28000? For a 159? I know a 159 is about 2k more off the bat, so that puts it at about 30k. Im still 2K above that not including tax :(

#5 ·
I really thought you were not too far off and that invoice was a lowball! I’d make a few negotiating comments, and submit a written offer for around 31K and I’d be happy. Around here I am known to be a cheapskate so you are probably close.
My diesel was MSRP at 38500 and I ended up at 34K but I had to order so I got just what I wanted and ordering is never as good a deal as on the lot buying and there was only $1000 incentive then. Tell everybody you did better than RD if you want to feel good about it.

#8 ·
Really?? The only rrason i wanted uconnect 5.0 was for the backup cam... I would be fine with uconnect 3.0 since it has all the bluetooth, media features as well. As far as I can tell, the only major difference is that its needed for backup cam. If i went the aftermarket route, this would save me 300 smething in the uconnect, and another 200 something in the backup cam.

Which aftermarket backup cam would you recommend, and what were your costs to install it?

#9 ·
Your best bet is get the radio delete option if you are custom ordering. Then you can just buy a double din aftermarket radio for a lot less with more features and with a touch screen and built in monitor and then add the camera.

If you still want the uConnect3, RD just got camera he seems pleased with and I think it even came with a monitor and looks like the OEM one. I'm sure he will advise you - send him a PM if he doesn't see this thread.

#10 ·
I do have a simple UC3 but I am not sure it is the same simple radio as is provided now. Mine does NOT have bluetooth, only an USB port for playing songs from a thumb drive. VERY basic really. I agree with KOV about what little I know about the UC5 BUT if it’s in the van and you get a deal you should try it. There are those here who live with it and don’t mind. It does have a nice backup camera BTW. If you go aftermarket BU it is spendy as you need a high camera housing and they seem to be about $150 then a mirror/video screen or a dash screen and wire to run. Not really that satisfactory.

#11 ·
Was in contact with the fleet department of a dealer
http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47769&page=3
Post 23 in this thread summarizes my recent purchase experience here in Canada. If you can wait 3-4 months, a factory order is the way to go for a RV conversion van. First, do your research on this and other forums, then shop around. I found a straight-shooting fleet salesman who gave me the FCA quote sheet listing dealer costs (not msrps). Mind you, these are Canadian dollars, but the principles are the same. I ordered many cab options but left it absolutely bare in the back.
Dealer Cost 43,378
Freight Etc 2,125
Mark-up 300
Holdback -600
fleet discount -7,750
TOTAL 37,453

#12 ·
Your deal doesn't sound too bad!

My 14 HT 136" gasser had been used as a demo for a year and had 500 miles on it. It invoiced at 33k$. They sold it to me for 26k$
They way I looked at it, it was equipped pretty close to what I wanted and they had already broken in the engine for me. The light use also did a lot to keep the battery charged. I've had it for a year and a half now and I'm very happy with it!

I have two upholstery jobs coming in that mean I can finally finish the sleeper conversion on it too! Hasn't stopped us from traveling in it.

Hope you enjoy whatever you get!

#13 ·
My neighbor, (a freight expediter), just picked up a new white 159" gasser from a local Southern California dealer for $28,750 or thereabouts + tax and license. Had the following add-ons:

Uconnect 5.0
Backup Cam
Cruise Control
Driver/Passenger 6 way adjustable Lumbar
12v accessory plug at rear doors

No glass, panels, or floor in the cargo area.

Lex

#15 ·
I paid $24500 used with 20,000 miles for my 2016 159"high roof gas without camera, uconnect 5 ,and cruise about 10 months ago. I was pleased with the deal and looked for about 2 years to find one used that was 159" with high roof. I remember when all the 2014's were sitting on the lots when they were well into the 2015's but now they seem to be moving off the lots pretty good now so the used market is opening up and I'm sure the prices will come down as more used inventory comes available. I wouldn't be to concerned over a 1000 or 2000 Your gonna love it tho!!!

#16 ·
kpc - I don't know exactly what incentives he got. I do know he was quite pleased with his deal.

He also really hates this van. He had a 159 extended diesel but was T-boned by a driver that lost control in the rain up in the San Francisco area. Smashed the B-column, passenger door, side cargo door, and the passenger side air bags deployed. Insurance totaled it. No new diesels available so he had to go with a gasser.

He drives about 100K miles a year. Diesel got an average of 22 mpg, (that's often doing 80 mph through the desert fully loaded), and seldom down-shifted. Gasser gets 15-16 mpg and down-shifts constantly even with no load. If they ever bring the diesel back, I expect he'll dump this one in a heartbeat. As much as he finds this gasser annoying, he thinks it's still better than the Transit, NV2500, or the Chevy Express for the work he does.

#17 ·
Similar question: Is this a good deal for new 2017 2500 159 High Roof

Options:
Customer Preferred Package 21A
Trailer Tow Group $585
Interior Convenience Group $295
Wood Composite Floor $445
Rear Hinged Doors with Deep Tinted Glass $195
Power Folding / Heated Mirrors $245
2 Additional Key Fobs $125
12-Volt Rear Auxiliary Power Outlet $45
LED Cargo Area Light Bars $285
Speed Control $295
Uconnect® 5.0 $545
ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System $295
ParkView® Rear Back Up Camera $265

MSRP $ 39,310.00
Price including incentives and documentation $ 32,940.00
Still need to add tax/title fees.

Thanks.

#19 ·
I think it’s sort of ironic that everyone who has asked this question has done well to get a reasonable price.
No one has posted- How did I do, I bought a leftover 2014 white full window extended to use to carry my three daughters2 sons and the wife. I paid $48,760 plus tax title, and document fee. I paid just $3000 over MSRP and now I need to get 3 rows of the factory seats so my wife can carry the soccer team and a big bag of balls around. Can I get a nice interior from my dealer too? I felt a bit strange buying such a stripped out van. Oh and I’m going to need to add the cruise control, fog lights, and UC-5 with the GPS and Backup camera. Do you think I can do all this for $2,000?"

#20 ·
Newspaper Ad listed 24% off sticker and the fleet manager casually called it a $1500 paper loss once they’d let him out of the General Managers’ offices...

So, figure 20% would be a favor to everyone concerned to move old stock from their storage yard...

#21 ·
Yes the unit with backup cam and phone blue tooth but not nav or serius is the hot tip, wouldn't want to have to DIY all the camera, USB hook ups. having the trip info on the radio screen is sweet also. Screen is fine for back up, too small for nav use. Tried one with nav, meh, My android with Here we go GPS ap, much better for nav. Addresses sent to my phone don't need to be entered!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.