Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a new promaster 2500 with high roof for her business. She absolutely loves it but we both agree that a on the open road it seems to kinda wonder a bit much. I realize its a tall vehicle and certainly wind will effect it but still wondering if those of you that have changed to other tires have found to improve this.

thank you

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Yea you should get the Vancos (actually nobody says much good about either) but I find the stability fine and I have the 136” high roof which you would think is the one to display unsteadiness more than a long van. I’d get the alignment checked first.

·
Super Moderator
10,198 Posts
The Vancos give a very hard ride but they don't wonder and I got about 60k miles out of mine (rotating every oil change or 9k miles)

I wouldn't buy them or recommend them tho. Go with Michelin's for the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Wonder tolerance is personal. Vanco wonders. But, I only noticed it when new because I got used to it and go with the flow. Now it's non issue. Save your money, don't buy new tires.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have had experience with Vancos and Nexons on two Sprinters and now a Promaster. I have been very happy with both and see little difference. I keep the pressures at about 62 PSI all around, rotate the 5 tires and get over 40,000 miles out of a set.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Is it wandering on good fresh and level pavement with no wind? Do you have the tires up to correct pressure?

It may wander a bit, but if its obnoxious, then start investigations.

I have 36k on the original Nexens, no problems with them wandering. Van holds quite true whether on midwest interstate at 75-80mph, backcountry twisties, or fighting the winds of the Columbia River Gorge.

As for replacements, I'm looking ahead to Michelin Defender LTX tires when it comes time to replace the Nexens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts