Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
555 Posts
Just look underneath to be sure you are not putting a hole into something you shouldn't. Their is stuff under some of the floor.
I drilled lots of holes in my floor to run 'L" track

·
Registered
28 Posts
There is no problem drilling into those. Just make sure your not going into the frame of your van from the bottom. Also once you start cutting holes for things like plumbing etc. Those are unavoidable. However, they making cutting holes into the van a tad more difficult because of the uneven surface. I found rocking the hole saw side to side helped the cut go very easy.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,756 Posts
Know what is behind the material you are drilling through.
A drill stop is advised.

·
Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
555 Posts
@MtBiker - What do you mean? Literally underneath the van? What does "run 'L" track " mean?
Hose's and brake lines, fuel tank, etc... are under the van. Literally under the floor.
L track is aluminum channel that has openings for clip in cargo tie downs and other things.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,756 Posts
There isn't anything hidden under the raised part, you can see everything by crawling under the van.
Problem is "some people" use long drill bits and long screws :)

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
The floor is spot-welded to the frame cross-members underneath. You can see the lines of spot-welds on the floor inside; use them as reference lines. Spend time under the van to orient yourself before you drill through the floor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts