Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having drilled through the top of my Astro van fuel tank years ago, I've learned to measure thrice and drill once.

I checked underneath where I want to mount this (driver side wall, btwn front seat and wheel well), and all seems clear. Brake lines run alongside the frame rails, not under the floor.

Anyone else through-bolt in this area? (Shelving/storage unit is appx. 12" wide).

·
Registered
47 Posts
What wheel base are you dealing with? I have a shelving system in mine but mine looks longer (I have a 136) and they where set with rivnuts I believe. I can throw a tape on it and snap a pic if needed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 136. Trying to avoid rivnuts because of the wood floor...would rather through-bolt (e.g.smaller holes).

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is my attachment hardware:

This is from the bulkhead just forward of the wheel well:

This is the forward cargo tie- you can see the hardware in the middle of the track:

This is an Adrian shelf (I think yours is too) but it mounts on a track system making it easier to anchor to places that may not be free of obstruction. Here is the upper rail that holds it against the wall:

I think you'll be able to identify where my hardware is from the pics. It does not look like it is a good idea to go much further inboard than this due to the railing/frame below.

What would you call these anchors? Overall pic of the shelf that sits where yours is planned:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts