Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 promaster cargo van that I use as a daily driver. I’m in the process of converting the interior into something more comfortable.

I just completed a addition to my dash that will hold my IPad where it’s easy to see while I drive. I use it for GPS mostly but I’ve recently found out that the iPads Bluetooth will connect with aftermarket backup cameras. The IPad screen is a lot bigger than the factory one in the radio and will make for much better and safer backing. While my wife and I often stop for lunch we can also watch TV or movies on the iPad as well.

There is storage behind the IPad and the box I built to hold it can be easily removed. My wife is a lot shorter and it blocks her view. The IPad simply slides to the left to remove it.

·
Premium Member
8,071 Posts
I use an iPad mini on a commercial mount I added to the clipboard. It is large enough and blocks less forward view. I have the single DIN UC3 radio too so I could lower the mount but like the cubby above the radio for our phones. I wonder if that large Pad isn’t too big? Recently I got an old Nexus7 Android tablet refurbished on Amazon for $50 to deter thieves from taking my iPad. Who would want to steal one to those crappy Nexus tablets? It does work ok but is not up to the iPad in ease of use, size of keyboard when searching and accuracy of typing. I post this up because there are thousands of holders but few that fit the dsh shape!

IMG_0940.JPG

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
No reply needed, but there is a slim chance that mod will get you a ticket, a slim chance. Just so others know.

·
Premium Member
8,071 Posts
If mine does Tony better watch out!
Really mine doesn’t block anything compared to the thick A pillars and the wide obstruction between the back door windows! But I do agree. If they stop me I’ll remove it and plead ignorance and remorse!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m not the least bit worried about a citation for obstructed view, the factory windshield mounted mirror was more of a hindrance than my iPad support. Besides it takes about 30 seconds to remove....this is my view sitting in the driver seat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I’m going to ad a small compartment on both sides to hold our sunglasses too......

Next project decent cup holders.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts