Ram Promaster Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Premium Member
2019 136 low roof
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well, I have completed my inverter installation...and it works! Thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread, you made it easy! Here are some photos for anyone else that may find it useful: 1/2 bb plywood mount, bed-liner coated, mounted to seat cross members with U-bolts front and rear.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Electrical wiring Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Mode of transport Automotive exterior
Product Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Engineering
Motor vehicle Bumper Yellow Vehicle door Automotive exterior

Positive and negative 6AWG cables...pos to 70A fused upfitter connection on battery, neg to battery minus terminal. Upfitter was disabled and new cable run under the rubber after reaming a 1/2 channel under the mat with a long drill bit. Used the same method to get the neg. cablr to the battery. Chassis ground is from the inverter to the seat frame. I took power for the inverter "on" function (green wire) from fuse #13 via a Piggy-back" thingy...5A fuses. Pilot light when inverter is on, and it can be shut off with the switch.

Attachments

Registered
2014 136鈥 HR
Looks great.

I have one suggestion: add another on/off switch where it will be more accessible to where you are when you want to use the inverter. Your present one is not handy to the living area. Our inverter has a remote switch which I installed on the counter.

Premium Member
2019 136 low roof
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Looks great.

I have one suggestion: add another on/off switch where it will be more accessible to where you are when you want to use the inverter. Your present one is not handy to the living area. Our inverter has a remote switch which I installed on the counter.
Thanks for the suggestion...I considered that , but I will only use it when driving. It will run my Bluetti power brick that charges it at 3-4 times the rate as the ciggy plug. The bluetti has it's own inverter to deliver 120V in the living area. I'm installing shore power as well.

Premium Member
Well, I have completed my inverter installation...and it works! Thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread, you made it easy! Here are some photos for anyone else that may find it useful: 1/2 bb plywood mount, bed-liner coated, mounted to seat cross members with U-bolts front and rear.
. View attachment 81956 View attachment 81957 View attachment 81958 View attachment 81959
Positive and negative 6AWG cables...pos to 70A fused upfitter connection on battery, neg to battery minus terminal. Upfitter was disabled and new cable run under the rubber after reaming a 1/2 channel under the mat with a long drill bit. Used the same method to get the neg. cablr to the battery. Chassis ground is from the inverter to the seat frame. I took power for the inverter "on" function (green wire) from fuse #13 via a Piggy-back" thingy...5A fuses. Pilot light when inverter is on, and it can be shut off with the switch.
Looks great! Now you are an expert.

Registered
If you don't like fooling with complicated car batteries, find a local American Radio store. They jusrt hooked up mt 2000 Wat unit for $85.00. There may be some fusing isues involved. American Radio does this types of things for many care dealers. I would recomend a 2000 Watt unit. B & H Photo sells one for $219
WAGAN SlimLine 2000W 12 VDC to 115 VAC Power Inverter
You never know what your future needs will be. 2 years ago I put in a 750 watt unit and npow I need something bigger. I wish I starte with the larger unit and I would have save a second instalation charge which required heavier wiring.

Registered
Hopefully this is a related question. How would one take advantage of a factory installed 115鈥揤olt Auxiliary Power鈥揙utlet? My PM is arriving in March (fingers crossed) and it has this (along with these other goodies; 220鈥揂mp Alternator, 100 Amp Batter, 12鈥揤olt Rear Auxiliary Power Outlet). Just thinking about a best way to incorporate these into my electrical plan.

Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in Indiana
@wStar
just adding, the inverter is 115v 150w, so 1.3amps

21 - 32 of 32 Posts