Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 1500w powerdrive inverter - fairly large with fan on one end and plugs and display on other. Seems to fit well under driver seat with room to add swivel but never heard anyone putting it there - should offer good ventilation since seat base is open on front, back and thinking would put fan end in front.

Any reason not to put it here ? Will likely have to cut rubber floor matting under seat to fasten and have bottom rest on solid surface. Will put the 150amp breaker on panel behind. Have aux battery behind seat and will have breaker panels in cabinet above that. Will it be okay to mount on 1/2 ply or does it need to sit on metal such as aluminum baking sheet cut to size due to heat ?

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,748 Posts
Have a 1500w powerdrive inverter - fairly large with fan on one end and plugs and display on other. Seems to fit well under driver seat with room to add swivel but never heard anyone putting it there - should offer good ventilation since seat base is open on front, back and thinking would put fan end in front.

Any reason not to put it here ? Will likely have to cut rubber floor matting under seat to fasten and have bottom rest on solid surface. Will put the 150amp breaker on panel behind. Have aux battery behind seat and will have breaker panels in cabinet above that. Will it be okay to mount on 1/2 ply or does it need to sit on metal such as aluminum baking sheet cut to size due to heat ?
Sounds like a good spot to me.

I have 2 ham radios under the seat. (pics on my website listed in my signature under "projects") I built a plywood base that spans across the rods that connect the two sides of the seat base. The plywood base is ty-wrapped to the rods. Works well and easily removable if needed.

I have been trying to decide on the aux battery under the bed/couch on the drivers side, or in a box behind the drivers seat. Tough decision, good points for both locations.

Ed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts