Ram Promaster Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I haven't used the Renogy 2000W inverter but if it's like their other products I've got, it probably works well enough. They are a big enough company that they wouldn't knowingly sell crap. Too much risk to their reputation. I would have bought one but they were out of stock at the time. + + + + + + +

"One other suggestion for the above scenarios, separate electronics from easily flammable stuff. Maybe keep the paper towels away. :)"
And of course dynamite :rolleyes: Thanks so much for taking the time to respond with good info....take care !!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and insights.

ferall, your comment really showed an application of both “Awareness and Understanding” to help mitigate the risk involved in one aspect of what we are doing.
I'd wager that most people's diy van conversions have their electrical components mounted on wood, for what it's worth, that doesn't mean it's a good practice, just something many people do without experiencing catastrophic results.

If your system is designed and installed properly and inspected routinely for loose connections the risk of fire is greatly reduced.
el Jefe your real-world experience shows how important it is to be willing to reevaluate decisions and take actions based upon new information.
This is exactly why we are moving all of our electrical from under the bed and accessible from the slider door including a 600ah lithium battery bank in the same tower. ......
We have two burn spots where ground bar connections worked loose and charred the wood above.
keeponvaning ... ferall has his money on you !
I’ve never had a problem mounting anything on wood.
Again, this discussion has helped me learn a little bit more about this one aspect of the build.

·
Registered
421 Posts
For the side topic:
There is no issue with mounting electronics on wood. It's a good insulator. Conducts neither heat nor electricity well, and is common practice. Most homes are wooden, and in metal framed commercial spaces all the service equipment will be on some plywood. Burning is a sign that something isn't right, but it isn't the woods fault and the issue would likely be more pronounced if metals or plastics were involved.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
For the side topic:
There is no issue with mounting electronics on wood. It's a good insulator. Conducts neither heat nor electricity well, and is common practice. Most homes are wooden, and in metal framed commercial spaces all the service equipment will be on some plywood. Burning is a sign that something isn't right, but it isn't the woods fault and the issue would likely be more pronounced if metals or plastics were involved.
& that’s a fact Jack !!

Many electrical rooms have plywood mounting surfaces !!

@Somebodyelse I like how you put it “It isn’t the wood’s fault”

41 - 44 of 44 Posts