Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Promaster City Slt Wagon. Having issues this past week with starting my vehicle, having had to jump start it to get it going. This last attempt resulted in a never seen before light coming on in the warning lights area. Along with an amber MIL (malfunction indicator), I am now also receiving another amber warning light to the right of the MIL and slightly lower. I cant find it documented anywhere in the manual but it looks like a car with a lock around it. Anyone know what this is? I tried to drive the car with this warning light on and car would not accelerate consistently.

·
Registered
10 Posts
2015 Promaster City Slt Wagon. Having issues this past week with starting my vehicle, having had to jump start it to get it going. This last attempt resulted in a never seen before light coming on in the warning lights area. Along with an amber MIL (malfunction indicator), I am now also receiving another amber warning light to the right of the MIL and slightly lower. I cant find it documented anywhere in the manual but it looks like a car with a lock around it. Anyone know what this is? I tried to drive the car with this warning light on and car would not accelerate consistently.
The locked car symbol means the battery needs to be replaced. If the dying battery is not putting out at least 12v the van will not operate smoothly given all the computer crap that is in cars today. In the old days you could start a car,remove the battery and drive it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I had it towed to the dealer, that's exactly what it was, said the battery was "shorted". They put in a new battery, problem solved. Best part fully covered under warranty!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts