Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I'm a 33 year old construction supervisor from (and living in) Portland Oregon. I bought a Toyota Tacoma about four months ago with the intention of using it to camp out of and extend my winter trips to the mountains. Two weeks ago, that was all changed when I was side-swiped in a collision and it left the truck un-repairable.

In my search for a replacement I realized that van may better serve my needs. After much research, talking with mechanics and dealers and friends, I decided to go with the Ram ProMaster and yesterday my wife and I purchased one. We are now the proud owners of a new 2016 136wb high roof van with the 3.6l V6.

The plan is to build it out for camping while still maintaining its form as a cargo van. My wife owns a coffee shop and the prospect of doing catering in the future means we will, from time to time, need to load it with supplies and equipment. We also have a seemingly nomadic group of friends that tends to move often and helping with that is almost certain.

I'm sure I'll be scanning the history of this site endlessly looking for tips and advice, so I hope to meet some of you. Thank you for having me.

·
Premium Member
8,837 Posts
There is a bumper sticker I have seen, “Yes it is my Van, No I wont help you move!” Sort of rude but even strangers will ask. Welcome. Making it modular can allow both functions. I have a nomadic daughter I guess. In 20 minutes I can transfer almost all my conversion to the garage working alone.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,702 Posts
A while back, we needed to pick up some new furniture from the store. Our floorplan looks like:

Almost everything in the van is modular and removable.... worst case scenario, about an hour. But, as I thought about it, I realized that the height of the van is a real asset.

Instead of removing the two beds, I can take out the cushions, and put a filler piece of plywood between them making a 6' x 6' platform that offers a height over 4', plus for more space, the kitchen cabinet and seat storage box (10 minute removal) adds a 6' x 4' space over 5' high. That's a lot of room for transporting.

Lots of designs will make your van a comfortable camper and a great transporter!

Welcome,
Ed

RD, I've got to look for that bumper sticker !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts