Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2014 (cherry red) 159 converted to camper van.
sleeps 2, has shower/toilet combo, TV, 2500 watt inverter, sink, factory b/u camera and added 7 inch monitor with b/u camera, dash cam on order, microwave, closet, one bed folds into bench seat, use electric skillet and micro for cooking. We use ice chests but may add refer. Has 8,000 btu a/c in window of back door. I have had 4 roof air on other vans and trailers and a portable a/c. The unit in the back door works most efficiently in our Texas heat and is easy to replace if it dies. Have had 3 camper vans. One commercially built and two I built. Building your own lets you put in what you want and leave out other stuff you do not use. So far longest trip deep South Texas (3 miles from Mexico border) to East coast of Florida. Other long trips planned. Get about 12.2 mpg in town and 18.1 on highway and 16.9 combined on trips.

I have owned Ford and Chevy vans and find the Promaster is the best. It drives really well and performs well. I like the front wheel drive. We drive ours on a regular basis more than our car.

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Welcome!
Love that color, wish I had more options when I bought mine but no dealers had anything but white.

I'm sure everyone would like to see photos of your build. I would like to see the layout.
I also have a question about the electric skillet, are you solar powered or shore power?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts