Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Promaster enthusiasts, I'm John but my friends call me Rockin'. I just got a new silver 2022 Promaster 159" extended 3500 high roof. Haven't even taken delivery yet. It's built but is either sitting in the shipping lot at the Saltillo Mexico plant, the shipping yard in the port of Vera cruz, Mexico, on a ship heading to Georgia, in a yard in Brunswick GA or on a flatbed heading to Hendersonville NC as we speak. . . nobody's really certain. All I know is that it's built and off the assembly line. As I'm a cabinet builder/woodworker, I'm planning on doing a conversion myself. Am considering fabricating foam cored panels sandwiched between 2 layers of 1/8" lloyds plywood glued with epoxy to make all the 3/4" plywood to build cabinetry out of. It's super light, strong, stiff and will add a bit of insulation properties in certain areas. A 4 x 8 x 3/4" panel weighs about 30% that of a 3/4" sheet of birch or maple shop grade ply. Once I take delivery I'll try to post as I build it out. I've built wooden boats and ran my own yacht interior construction company for years so DC electrical systems, propane systems, etc aren't daunting to me but there is a lot to earn about RVing/van life so I'll be picking peoples brains as much as I can. Excited to get started and learn new technology in a new field. I'm semi retired and am pretty much just building and remodeling homes for our 5 sons and their families, so if this project goes well I might just start building out vans with one son one at a time on a custom basis.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts